Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
MS 460 or MS361 I would be more interested in the 361, it is a good size firewood saw and lord knows we have a lot of firewood haulers in this site.

I think a xl-12 build off would be really cool because of their popularity and history but i dont think many saw builders will be to eager to do those older saws. I vote for 066/660's with 36" bars. What ever is picked should be something fairly common and easily accessible to parts/whole saws.

Mini Macs!!!!!! :rock::rock:

Port them, polish them, and run the hell out of them!!

***Many may just walk away after this suggestion... :D

Actually, I think the 290/029 idea is pretty cool. It also puts the focus on timing and porting instead of who has the best machinist.

id go straight up 440 no hybrids or big bores. got to make it a challenge. the hybrids are easy power the straight up 440 takes a little more thought.

That does make for more of a challenge. I might know where a project 044 is. :)

my last 440 left with cowboyvet sat. i would have to get one too. but i wouldnt have a clue where to start ona 440 build;)

I've only seen the inside of one 440 out of 4 I had. It turned out pretty good but not as good as a 372.

one thing about building ms440's is there are a blue million of them out there and with the one year production run it would allow guys to build a nice one up to keep. you would have a saw with good value after your done and the 440 is a good work saw for any size wood and any occasion.

I vote 7900.
Anybody who doesn't want to pay for one can get a beat up 6401 Makita and a factory 7900 top end for under $500.

I haven't been able to find one yet. The home depots around here don't rent so I can't drive and get one.

Mdavlee, What if the cylinder was good to start with? Beside's they are out there, and among the best cylinder's made. These one's I thought could be cleaned up, not like modern disposable one's. It is already built like , well my opinion the best. I t would be hard to build it better. Nothing cheaply made about it. It's too bad husky dropped that cc class. In my opinion that's what they should shoot for to compete with the 660. That would be a build. A 99cc 395. Make it nimble like the 660, but with the 99cc, like the 2100. You got a saw!

Mini Saw

I say why all the bashing of the mini macs? I will take any and all free mini macs:msp_biggrin: Those darn things are tough and really ballzy for there size.I am going overhaul one of mine and am thinking about polishing the jug a wee bit. We have never done a top handle hot saw yet why not do a mini mac hot saw there is ton of these little buggers:confused:

Latest posts

Back