Poll: What model for the next AS build off??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What model would you prefer to see in the next AS build off?

• 044/MS440/046/MS460/Hybrid

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • MS441

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • MS261

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • 026/MS260

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • 066/MS660

Votes: 28 14.7%

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • 385/390

• 394/395

Votes: 37 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 29 15.2%

• Total voters
Yeah man. Thought it would be nice to see something different, not as new age, but not an antique. Kind of vintage, but can run with any moder muscle on the block. Also at the time it was built it was built to be the best, and last. Even in today's standard's. So the question is how much can you improve something built so well. Thought you might like that Brad.

Somebody mentioned in a similar thread as this one, that a Mac 10 10 or a Homey xl12/sxlao build off would be neat. I'd love to see the Homey xl12. That saw has prolly cut more wood than any other. Sure, it's not a 14K saw, but parts are everywhere, and best of all cheap. :msp_thumbup:

I don't think many have woods ported these saws.... at least recently. It would be a fresh start for many.

I guess whoever is willing to do the hosting, would get to make the call. I imagine it was a lot of work this past one.

Wild Thing.

Seriously.

As anybody who's run Farley9n's Wild Things and other tiny Poulan derivatives will attest: these lousy hunks of junk can be made to run surprisingly well.

How long? Who cares! These are GTG bragging rights we're talking about here!

I think it would be VERY interesting to see what everybody can do with Mini-Mac's...just sayin

Dammit. You beat me to it. Nobody wants a REAL challenge I guess...:jester:

Somebody mentioned in a similar thread as this one, that a Mac 10 10 or a Homey xl12/sxlao build off would be neat. I'd love to see the Homey xl12. That saw has prolly cut more wood than any other. Sure, it's not a 14K saw, but parts are everywhere, and best of all cheap. :msp_thumbup:

I don't think many have woods ported these saws.... at least recently. It would be a fresh start for many.

I guess whoever is willing to do the hosting, would get to make the call. I imagine it was a lot of work this past one.

That would be cool. The whole hotrod modern saw thing has been done. I also like that those are common saws that wouldn't be "in danger" of having prices driven up, or being pushed closer to extinction like many of the "big ticket" classic saws.

JMO, a 60cc or bigger would be more fun to run. :msp_biggrin: Preferably 70cc or bigger. :rock:

But also something that is easy to get hold of. It seems like a 440 or 460 build would be easy for people who want to build thier saws from parts. Parts and whole running saws are everywhere.

A cheap saw that would let anyone afford to play would be the old 028 Stihl, millions of them out there, never have read much about what modding can for them. You can easily buy them for 100-150.00 about anywhere.
Brad you ever ported one? If so does it improve them much?

I like to see the 460 or 261, but it prohibits a lot of guys from partcipating due to saw cost.

A cheap saw that would let anyone afford to play would be the old 028 Stihl, millions of them out there, never have read much about what modding can for them. You can easily buy them for 100-150.00 about anywhere.
Brad you ever ported one? If so does it improve them much?

I like to see the 460 or 261, but it prohibits a lot of guys from partcipating due to saw cost.

Hey, I kinda' like the 028 idea...

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

ps, Jody Poor from Lancaster says "Hi" Brad.

Would be a shame to use up all those saws but there were tons made

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Norm I wouldn't want to do a 2100 buildoff. They're too hard to come by good cylinders already.

It doesn't really matter to me what it is. I would prefer to stay 70cc and up so it would be interesting to have and run. I don't want to buy a small saw just for a buildoff. The 460s seem to be easier to find in my area used. Big huskies are almost non existant. the 7900 no one even knows they build saws. A strato saw wouldn't be too bad I don't guess. The 441 and 372 x torq are the same cc.

Back