PONY MOTOR DOOR????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Bex

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone. I have a 2007 International 4300 with a 1997/98 Altec LR-IV box and boom mounted. One of my guys was able to rip off the door where the pony motor would sit. He doesn't know how it happened of course. I am having a really hard time finding a replacement door and hinge assembly. If anyone knows of a Bucket truck junk yard or anyone who sells these older parts. I would be so appreciative. Thank you in advance.....Jason

Good afternoon everyone. I have a 2007 International 4300 with a 1997/98 Altec LR-IV box and boom mounted. One of my guys was able to rip off the door where the pony motor would sit. He doesn't know how it happened of course. I am having a really hard time finding a replacement door and hinge assembly. If anyone knows of a Bucket truck junk yard or anyone who sells these older parts. I would be so appreciative. Thank you in advance.....Jason
Dont pay him Fri and tell him you dont know what happened!

FInd a good welder/fabricator. You can't undervalue those guys. Our guys can fix or basically recreate almost anything we throw at them.....big or small. They will even primer and paint stuff for us if we want. And I'm good friends with the owner so I can have our guys drop stuff off and pick stuff up and he knows we'll settle up at some point. Those kind of relationships make life a little easier.

And how did the employee break off the pony motor door if it wasn't already messed up to begin with? They are closed for 99.95% of the time. It would be very unlikely to drop a log or branch on one and break it off the truck unless it was open. And I can't imagine how it would just fall off in your hands if you simply opened it. Maybe he really was such a bad employee that he could screw that up?

What isnt?

What isnt?
It protects workers from becoming company checkbooks based on a bosses feelings when mistakes happen. No 9ne is perfect and mistakes happen sorry or later. You just hope they are ones that are easily fixed and not a major screw up that ends up on the news!

When I worked at the DOT they tried pulling that **** with a guy that backed the grader into the side of the sign truck (light up arrow telling what lane to use).
Somehow he was given the blame, because he was the equipment operator. The guy in the truck, just a laborer, got off scott free.

They planned to doc his pay for the repair of the truck. New door, paint, lettering, etc... $2000 area, so roughly 2 weeks pay.

That got shut down QUICK when I gave him some print out of state labor laws, that pay can't be taken like that, not without it going to court.

And they wondered why they had trouble keeping workers.

FInd a good welder/fabricator. You can't undervalue those guys. Our guys can fix or basically recreate almost anything we throw at them.....big or small. They will even primer and paint stuff for us if we want. And I'm good friends with the owner so I can have our guys drop stuff off and pick stuff up and he knows we'll settle up at some point. Those kind of relationships make life a little easier.

And how did the employee break off the pony motor door if it wasn't already messed up to begin with? They are closed for 99.95% of the time. It would be very unlikely to drop a log or branch on one and break it off the truck unless it was open. And I can't imagine how it would just fall off in your hands if you simply opened it. Maybe he really was such a bad employee that he could screw that up?
Pretty sure he backed in between a bunch of brush and logs to dump the chips. When he pulled out the truck listed to one side and caught a log and pushed the door towards the back, breaking the bottom pot metal hole. Then list it down the road. I could see a scuff on the paint where wood had hit it. But he wouldn't own the accident. Just real hard on stuff. I would think there has to be these old bodies somewhere.

Latest posts

Back