ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Poor ole Minnesota

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
I literally woke up thinking...
What happens if a doctor has a brain belch in a high stress situation and someone dies or is damaged as a direct result of his actions? He possibly gets sued?

What happens if a police person has a brain belch in a high stress situation and someone dies or is damaged as a direct result of his actions? He possibly gets charges brought and possibly sued as well?

What happens if a lawyer (one of the guys that holds others to the absolute highest of standards) messes up at his leisure and someone suffers unjust damages?
IDK ,what happens nothing?

Reactions: WRW
sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
What happens if a doctor has a brain belch in a high stress situation and someone dies or is damaged as a direct result of his actions? He possibly gets sued?

What happens if a police person has a brain belch in a high stress situation and someone dies or is damaged as a direct result of his actions? He possibly gets charges brought and possibly sued as well?

What happens if a lawyer (one of the guys that holds others to the absolute highest of standards) messes up at his leisure and someone suffers unjust damages?

Idk man. When I wake up I can barely think at all until I get my coffee.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

I was thinking something similar earlier...
The Hodgetwins show on this, I thought, was way off the mark - most of the time they hit the nail on the head.
They were saying **** like "she made a mistake" and "everyone makes mistakes"
The difference is, police officers and other skilled professionals are held to a higher standard than the rest of us.
If I make a mistake and give you two stamps instead of three, or the clerk @ McD's gives me a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, no one is going to die.

Sure, we all make mistakes, but when a doctor, a cop, or an attorney makes one it can mean death for another person.
Doctors have malpractice insurance, Cops have a union who I'm sure represents them in sticky situations. Lawyers, on the other hand, probably are only concerned with their win/lose score card. "Oh well, Jimbo, tough break. Guess you had a tough jury." :rolleyes:

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
The Hodgetwins show on this, I thought, was way off the mark - most of the time they hit the nail on the head.
The difference is, police officers and other skilled professionals are held to a higher standard than the rest of us.
If I make a mistake and give you two stamps instead of three, or the clerk @ McD's gives me a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, no one is going to die.

Sure, we all make mistakes, but when a doctor, a cop, or an attorney makes one it can mean death for another person.
Doctors have malpractice insurance, Cops have a union who I'm sure represents them in sticky situations. Lawyers, on the other hand, probably are only concerned with their win/lose score card. "Oh well, Jimbo, tough break. Guess you had a tough jury." :rolleyes:
If a citizen claimed the same defense from a shooting like this what would the outcome be?

MacAttack

MacAttack

I love the smell of 2-stroke
You'd think this kid was an Eagle Scout the way the media are portraying him. No mention of robbery or the photos flashing his gun and fanning money. It's as if the truth doesn't even matter anymore....

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
You'd think this kid was an Eagle Scout the way the media are portraying him. No mention of robbery or the photos flashing his gun and fanning money. It's as if the truth doesn't even matter anymore....
And the mother, in the GMA interview, said he called her and told her he got pulled over for having air fresheners hanging from the mirror. :rolleyes:

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster

Officer Potter did make a mistake. That’s why the charge is manslaughter not murder.