Pop ups and windows. Your thoughts.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaun's fixing his blowed up Polaris now, so he ain't got time either...
Maybe Chris has time to figure it out.
Wiggs would take too damn long...
Lol - I kinda doubt I'm ever gonna figure out anything about 660s and 390s porting Poulans and Earthquakes!

On the other hand I just got in from the barn after putting the jug back on the Earthquake for my forth try at porting it. I made several of the mistakes listed here and it's been a lazy dog for that. I took too much material from the lower transfers (not terribly but still counterproductive). I had some 46deg of case compression which I think was too much even given the lost case volume. And my port edges were too rounded.

I didn't want to raise the exhaust, so now the intake is at 168 duration and the case compression is at 43. I'll see on the weekend what that did.

I did a 066 @ 176 & 174.

It's a tree raper.

Numbers based on pistons, transfers, combustion chambers, case volume, etc. . . Makes saw porting tricky business.

I'm sure there's a relationship there that could be expressed in a cookie-cutter ratio or formula. . . But I ain't smart enough to figure it all out.

There's a Solo out there right now, that seems like it runs on NOS and superman blood. Dang thing is stupid fast, & doesn't even have a cut head.

I'd like to peer into that saw builders head.

Well I found a decently clogged fuel filter. Probably was fine until someone mentioned lunch and I realized how hungry I was. Then the average speed jumped up to about 90 mph.

Back