Poplar junk

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElevatorGuy

Yota’s and John Deere green!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I got this poplar from a neighbor for free so I took it. I let it sit too long while I worked on better wood. A buddy that loves this stuff was gonna take it but this crap isn’t worth fooling with now. I busted 2 rounds earlier, not even worth it for the fire pit. How many of y’all burn poplar?

Attachments

• 2085AE89-ACA5-4EBB-917C-CB8A80D514A5.jpeg
    2085AE89-ACA5-4EBB-917C-CB8A80D514A5.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
I got this poplar from a neighbor for free so I took it. I let it sit too long while I worked on better wood. A buddy that loves this stuff was gonna take it but this crap isn’t worth fooling with now. I busted 2 rounds earlier, not even worth it for the fire pit. How many of y’all burn poplar?
I'll burn it in fall and spring, but as you say, it doesn't last long before the rounds go punky. I have a cord or so split and stacked that will be burned first this year.

Yeah, I’ve done the same thing when I’ve had it. It’s fine when it’s not so cold but still burns quick with lots of ash. My buddy took 4 cords out of here the first year at my new house. I didn’t have my woodstove at that time. I’ve got one more huge one slated to come down, I’ll give it to him lol.

I'll burn it in fall and spring, but as you say, it doesn't last long before the rounds go punky. I have a cord or so split and stacked that will be burned first this year.

I've stored poplar logs 3-4 years without too many going bad.

Burning some in the stove right now. Perfect for this time of year.

What's the deal with the excavatorator frost teeth on the bucket?

Burning some in the stove right now. Perfect for this time of year.

What's the deal with the excavatorator frost teeth on the bucket?

Frost teeth? I’ve never heard that before and if you’re burning already I guessing you’re in the great white north. The teeth help when digging and breaking up roots.

Frost teeth? I’ve never heard that before and if you’re burning already I guessing you’re in the great white north. The teeth help when digging and breaking up roots.

That style teeth are for breaking up frozen ground.

I've never seen something like that on a mini tractor. The buckets usually aren't strong enough, nor the loader arms or hydraulics.

Been in the 50s-low 60s here, 40s at night. Friday morning we had a decent frost.

That style teeth are for breaking up frozen ground.

I've never seen something like that on a mini tractor. The buckets usually aren't strong enough, nor the loader arms or hydraulics.

Been in the 50s-low 60s here, 40s at night. Friday morning we had a decent frost.
Zero problem with bucket or loader arm strength. The loader lift capacity isn’t enough to destroy anything.

I went to visit a Friend last Saturday and when I pulled in the drive I remember I have a big huge cut up popple tree to get from there.

They know I burn fire wood so when they hired a tree service to take down a lighting struck popple in the back yard next to the small garage they told the tree service to just fall it and remove the limbs and chip. just leave the rest.

The tree service guys asked the size I burn and cut the rest to 20 inches.

Al

Latest posts

Back