• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold ported 390xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the saw from a home owner it's never bn a loggers saw, it was a barely used firewood saw. There piston is still got some shine to the top of it so it has no time on it. It's completely original it's never had a sprocket put on it. I put a new plug and airfilter on it. If it don't sell I'm gonna port it next week and then the price will go up.
how long have you owned it? how much run time have you put on it? thanks

*Srry I wrote this after your response to me but just noticed it didn't send

The first part Sounds really good but I don't understand the need for a new plug and air filter with that low of time????? Maybe that's just you?? It would seem premature as to what you have just shared IMO.
Thanks for your time, it sounds like a win win situation for a resident. A Canadian faller, with all things mentioned above + full wrap needed, it may be a win/ lose situation.

Thank you

The saw is ported now, it runs great has 200 lbs of compression and is strong.
650$ plus shipping.
Here it is in hickory with a 24" against my red light 066 and my 066 is stout and it's close to it.

I went back in it and changed some things today but it rained all day so I got is piss revving in the shop. I can tell it's stronger now than yesterday against my 66.

I need it gone. It's a great running saw, also it's low hour and it's never been a production or used to cut timber it's a homeowner saw that got hauled around but not used.

It's like new inside and has a unlimited coil now and a 395 carb.

I'll get a new video up later today cause it's stronger than it was against my 66 now.

It was 99 120 77 and I tore it down and raised the transfers, it's 99 118 77.

Ignition is advanced and the muffler modified, carb limiters on the 395 carb are removed and .050 removed from the squish band, should settle down around 210lbs.

It's got a set of big dogs on it also.

Here's the 390 noodling with my 66 and 064. Both stihls are very strong and have 30 lbs of compression on the husky but it still hangs in there. Same bar and chain on all 3

Here's the 390 noodling with my 66 and 064. Both stihls are very strong and have 30 lbs of compression on the husky but it still hangs in there. Same bar and chain on all 3

Very nice! Man if I didn't have a 385 being ported right now.......

It needs to go, i don't have any room for it.
It's cheap enough and it truly is a super low hour saw.

Back