Ported 661s..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something to hide in testing videos in this thread. The intent behind the testing was not to see who has a faster saw and if you can't see that I can't help you. Brad's saws were subject of the same tatics a few years ago. I'm done arguing over a saw. You have your opinion and I have mine.

I could care less about the saws.

Brad snelling is my porter of choice for a few reasons :

1-He's close to me...so shipping isn't a killer.
2-He has a good turn around time.
3-He's been a very honest person with me in every transaction ive had with him.
4-He's delivered in the performance part for me on every saw ive sent him.
5-IF a situation presented itself where something went wrong i don't doubt for a second he would handle it ASAP.
6-I trust him.

Is he the best with every saw model made ? .. No.

If his saw loses in a video by a few seconds that changes none of the above for me.

I could care less about the saws.

Brad snelling is my porter of choice for a few reasons :

1-He's close to me...so shipping isn't a killer.
2-He has a good turn around time.
3-He's been a very honest person with me in every transaction ive had with him.
4-He's delivered in the performance part for me on every saw ive sent him.
5-IF a situation presented itself where something went wrong i don't doubt for a second he would handle it ASAP.
6-I trust him.

Is he the best with every saw model made ? .. No.

If his saw loses in a video by a few seconds that changes none of the above for me.

I use just a few people, 2 of them have the same 1st name, for The exact same reasons.

It's not so much about stop watch times as how business is handled after the saw has been returned.

I use just a few people, 2 of them have the same 1st name, for The exact same reasons.

It's not so much about stop watch times as how business is handled after the saw has been returned.

Id love to have one of scotts saws..hopefully i can buy one if the timing works out.

Same with your buddy from the zoo.

You shouldn't have done that , it's wrong.
The intent there was different. Screw all of this thread, children who are supposed to be grown men. And you guys bring up that I'm younger than you? Lol. The people who purposely don't respond to this thread get what I'm saying. That's what you guys want.

The intent there was different. Screw all of this thread, children who are supposed to be grown men. And you guys bring up that I'm younger than you? Lol. The people who purposely don't respond to this thread get what I'm saying. That's what you guys want.

I had grown men business years behind me when you were still jackin off lookin at the lingere section of the sears catalog.

I get what you are saying about the intent of the video..i can't answer if thats true or not...but julian can.

But the picture is bigger here.

I Know.
I see the error of my whays now.
How was that handled heath?
Did anybody other than you hear about it?
Was there a thread posted with the video?

Everyone who needed to be involved and know was and that's it.

Do you think if I got that saw without randy knowing and then beat it and posted a thread to provoke do you think it would have the same results as this thread?

I kinda think the outcome would be a little different.

How was that handled heath?
Did anybody other than you hear about it?
Was there a thread posted with the video?

Everyone who needed to be involved and know was and that's it.

Do you think if I got that saw without randy knowing and then beat it and posted a thread to provoke do you think it would have the same results as this thread?

I kinda think the outcome would be a little different.

While it was different, had I understood the kill switch was backwards on the 2100, Randy wouldn't have been in possession of that saw in the first place.

As far as you are concerned, your responsibilities are met when the following questions are answered:

1. Did the owner of this saw pay you in full?
If yes, then it is his property.
Principles are nice, but your in business to build saws: if the owner paid you, it's his saw, to do with as he pleases.

2. Did the owner mention anything to you regarding being displeased with the saw prior to this video?
If not, then it would seem the owner believed he had a strong saw prior to comparing it to other builders' saws.

I will say I don't at this time know who the owner of the saw you built is: I haven't kept up with it quite frankly.

You getting on here & getting defensive because your saw got beat raises suspicion : The reason I say that is because you should have known by now when the GTG was a full month ago.

Is it the way I would have done it?
That's Debatable.
Is it how I would want to be done?
That's Debatable as well.

But at the end of the day, it is still the owner's property unless he didn't pay you.

Jason,
The 066 you did for me is a strong saw: no objection.
It pulls harder than my other Ported 1122, but you & Randy already know that.

Please Understand what we collectively have been trying to telling you: to get on a forum, & expect to change people's opinions by getting pissed & threatening?
You aren't going to win; PM's, text, whatever, humility is the only way you are going to move forward.

There are a lot of people that, by one way or another, believe they've been done wrong: whether that's real or dreamed up doesn't matter at this point.

Allowing a saw to go out after being completely rebuilt, & the cylinder coming off, is not acceptable.

Not sending saws for months after you promised you would, without explanation, is not acceptable.

I'm not her to kick you, or anybody else.

We all make mistakes daily: we've got to own them & try our damnedest to do better going forward.

Story time:
I don't have a Snelling saw: it's got nothing to do with his work, but an interaction we had before I ever sent a saw off to be worked on, & the way the last big drama unfolded: Some of that isn't his fault.
I don't hold it against him, I certainly don't harbor ill will: it's in the past. I chose to let it go. If he was traveling today, & broke down near where I was, I'd offer to help him.

Just so I'm held accountable, Brad, I live in West Georgia: if you are ever out this way, & need a helping hand, I'm a PM away.

Jason,
You do good work; go do it, & stop getting so twisted up about the intertube forums.

Ive gave you my number a couple times and asked you to call me.

Why don't you so something that nobody has ever done,call me and tell me what your problem is and we'll see if we can fix it.
I know it's easy to say what you want on here but wouldn't it be liberating to actually talk about the problem with the person who you have the problem with,how can someone be so mad and vindictive to somebody they have never even talked to.

How much trouble would there be if people had to actually talk to there problem person about the problem instead of saying whatever you want on a forum so you can get your buddies behind you and pile on,I'd say there would be very few problems but it doesn't work that way.

You guys win,I'm not angry or sneaky enough to compete.

What's the point in beating this dead horse? There's nothing left to take.

While it was different, had I understood the kill switch was backwards on the 2100, Randy wouldn't have been in possession of that saw in the first place.

As far as you are concerned, your responsibilities are met when the following questions are answered:

1. Did the owner of this saw pay you in full?
If yes, then it is his property.
Principles are nice, but your in business to build saws: if the owner paid you, it's his saw, to do with as he pleases.

2. Did the owner mention anything to you regarding being displeased with the saw prior to this video?
If not, then it would seem the owner believed he had a strong saw prior to comparing it to other builders' saws.

I will say I don't at this time know who the owner of the saw you built is: I haven't kept up with it quite frankly.

You getting on here & getting defensive because your saw got beat raises suspicion : The reason I say that is because you should have known by now when the GTG was a full month ago.

Is it the way I would have done it?
That's Debatable.
Is it how I would want to be done?
That's Debatable as well.

But at the end of the day, it is still the owner's property unless he didn't pay you.

Jason,
The 066 you did for me is a strong saw: no objection.
It pulls harder than my other Ported 1122, but you & Randy already know that.

Please Understand what we collectively have been trying to telling you: to get on a forum, & expect to change people's opinions by getting pissed & threatening?
You aren't going to win; PM's, text, whatever, humility is the only way you are going to move forward.

There are a lot of people that, by one way or another, believe they've been done wrong: whether that's real or dreamed up doesn't matter at this point.

Allowing a saw to go out after being completely rebuilt, & the cylinder coming off, is not acceptable.

Not sending saws for months after you promised you would, without explanation, is not acceptable.

I'm not her to kick you, or anybody else.

We all make mistakes daily: we've got to own them & try our damnedest to do better going forward.

Story time:
I don't have a Snelling saw: it's got nothing to do with his work, but an interaction we had before I ever sent a saw off to be worked on, & the way the last big drama unfolded: Some of that isn't his fault.
I don't hold it against him, I certainly don't harbor ill will: it's in the past. I chose to let it go. If he was traveling today, & broke down near where I was, I'd offer to help him.

Just so I'm held accountable, Brad, I live in West Georgia: if you are ever out this way, & need a helping hand, I'm a PM away.

Jason,
You do good work; go do it, & stop getting so twisted up about the intertube forums.
This has nothing to do with a saw I did being beat and I'm sure you know that.

If I got someone to send me another builders saw who everyone knows that I don't like and then posted a thread beating it do you think it would have the same results as this one?

There's much more to the story here.

I like you heath I really do but there's a double standard where some are praised and others are destroyed for doing the same thing.

I'm confused about what my shipping schedule has to do with any of this.

Who paid me for something that they didn't get?

If you pay me to port a saw and I do but you don't like how it runs but you tell me that you do like it but tell everyone else you hate it and me,please forgive me but who's getting screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back