• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ported XPW 75cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i assume that this was a brand new 372xpw 75cc that was sent to be ported-any other relevant history would be helpful
It was used and sold by Ga boy I think first then Maclaren bought it and I ported it. he sold it to dgb

are there any long term negatives to having to take out more material,i.e.,structural integrity,etc. compared to the 372xp(71cc)? any other info would be appreciated from the builder,i.e. you
Not really. They have a lot more meat in some places where the 71cc is open already.

Thats a sweet saw alright.I really have a love/hate relationship with that model and much of Husqvarna these days though.Wouldn't it be Awesome (after all these years)if Husqvarna would have been able to fix the on/off switch all by their selves and a choke that doesn't viberate off as well as a coil wire that doesn't rub. Not to mention every carb and coil seems to be problematic of late. Is that what Husqvarna means when they call it a pro saw? you got to be a pro to fix there $hit.
I'm sorry, the broken on/off seemed to put me down a bad road. Maybe because I just spent $1000 for a new X Torq basically for the bottem end and springs ect. Only to have the throttle lock and on/off break in three days. Choke is already poping off. IDK..After 26 years of supporting their products.I think my next Husky is going to be a Stihl. Frustrated!:dumb2:

Sorry about your bad luck, but I have run more husqvarna saws that I care to remember, including two 372 XPW 75cc saws with no problems at all.

The 372 XPW 75cc is one of the best saws out there, at least in my opinion.

Sorry about your bad luck, but I have run more husqvarna saws that I care to remember, including two 372 XPW 75cc saws with no problems at all.

i would agree-the 372xp/372xpw have been the most dependable saws i have ever owned-i only have husqvarna

Well there's running them and there's running them. In three months I'll have a 19 year marriage with that chassis..that would put it over 20,000 hours of pro time.
Like any marriage there is good times and bad times and you don't get the whole package. After all...are we the whole package? If I was, I wouldn't come on the Internet and rant about my wife...lol
especially when someone is trying to sell theirs.:laughing:

Back