Porting a Stihl ms260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esa03FI

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So, i would like to get some advice for porting my loved ms260. Great saw! Done a muffler mod, but it needs a bit of a waking up. (You know what i mean)

file down the keyway,.030 and advance the timing.tune the carb and try it out. then do a thinner head gasket , .020 - .025 piston clearance. tune it again. if that is not enough, get the grinders out and get to work.

I have not had the opportunity to run fuel from the other side of the big pond so their would be differences in port work that would need to be considered before giving detailed instructions on port shapes and timing numbers along with compression targets. Brad has ported saws for down under(Australia), not sure if he found and significant differences with their fuel or not.

I have not had the opportunity to run fuel from the other side of the big pond so their would be differences in port work that would need to be considered before giving detailed instructions on port shapes and timing numbers along with compression targets. Brad has ported saws for down under(Australia), not sure if he found and significant differences with their fuel or not.
There have never been any fuel issues with saws I sent to Australia.

Back