Porting My First AT Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20141208_203447.jpg On a side note watsonr got my bar to me yesterday. It sure set this little guy off. I had to run it to try it out too. Lol

sounds good, I have a well used moody modded ms562xp that I wish you could use in your comparison as well, but you will have to come get it, if you want it, I'm too busy this week.

20141210_151250.jpg Well boys my camera man will hopefully show today. But in the mean time. This is not a tree I would generally tackle with my smaller saws however. I did the hole stop watch while cutting with stock and ported saws today. With the 20" bar it shows a good improvement but man does it shine with a 24" strapped to it there is no compression. From here on out my recommendation for a fire wood saw is a ported 562xp with a 24" reduced weight bar.

Well I got a minute long vid on my phone for you guys but I'll be dammed if I can get it to load. If someone is willing to load it would you please pm me your email. Ty.

Here's my ramblings. On this saw the way I ported I actually lost a little chain speed but gained a lot of torque. I ran this saw threw many tanks of gas as well as my stock on. In soft woods such as maple with a 20" bar the stock saw was actually faster. Now when I saw this. This is just letting the saw cut. No hooking of the dawgs. In hard wood with 20" bar the ported saw was at about 5% gain, with 24" bar in hard wood which is the vid. I got about a 20% gain. Now again that's just letting the saw do the work. You can lean on and push the ported saw threw a little faster cause it has more torque so it dosnt bog as easy. Any questions I'd be glad to try and answer.

Latest posts

Back