Possible black cherry scrounge?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chilly460

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Buddy sent these pics, is this black cherry? Not that large a tree, but very simple to get to so I'd be interested.

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Don't get a lot of Black Cherry but what I get I sell to people with wood smokers. $7.00 a bundle and I could never keep up with the demand. People that are smoking meats in my area anyway prefer this even over Shag Bark Hickory. Nice tree but it would never see the inside of my OWB.

Yep, I actually do a lot with a smoker as well so that's what made this one so attractive. I was going to keep all the limbs for myself and split the trunk, but now thinking on what you said I will try bundling and throw it on Craigslist to see if I can make a little beer money.

Buddy sent these pics, is this black cherry? Not that large a tree, but very simple to get to so I'd be interested.

Decent firewood.Seasons fast.Tends to throw sparks so be careful when the stove door is open if you have black cherry in there.
IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Great smoking meat....keep it for smoking, not it your pipe...

Latest posts

Back