Possible way around NO mail order sales

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenn31792

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Can a dealer sell you a bar and chain combo for several hundred dollars and just give you a saw?

Why would a dealer do that? Even if it would work--doubtful--it's obviously not honoring the spirit of the dealer agreement.

How's about a new Stihl 290! There's a guy who sells all the parts for a brand new saw. I can't tell you his name but his intials are Fish:cheers:

It would be sorta like telling a dealer "Yes I want all the parts to a dolmar 5100S sent to me since my current one has turned to dust. Could you sell it to me for around 350 and assemble/send it to me for around 389? Just cause they "can" that doesn't make it right.

Hmmmm...Maybe that's why he was so grumpy. Maybe he only made enough money to have one side done.

LOL...Yeah I'm not sure what the going rate per inch or letter is. Or maybe they charge by the lb?

Last edited:
Why would a dealer do that? Even if it would work--doubtful--it's obviously not honoring the spirit of the dealer agreement.

Maybe to stay in buisness. If you are in a rural area like I am You may not have a customer base to stay in buisness without internet sales these days. I feel for the mom and pop stores that are caught in a strangle hold.

Could you sell it to me for around 350 and assemble/send it to me for around 389? Just cause they "can" that doesn't make it right.

Now that made me laugh!!! (inside joke) Plus isn't that price a little high from what you paid???:clap: :cheers:

So how is that 5100!!!

Now that made me laugh!!! (inside joke) Plus isn't that price a little high from what you paid???:clap: :cheers:

So how is that 5100!!!

lol Yeah and yes it is lol but it's the principal of it! I don't think we should "get around it" as far as mail order but rather come to a compromise.

I love the 5100! I've run 4 or 5 tanks through it now and still so strong. I actually compared it to the MS 310 my father owns and his 310 got stomped... Even with the anti kick chain it came with! I'm a very very satisfied customer... now to find a dealer with decent prices nearby for a 7900!

if a known/trusted member picked a new saw up and shipped.
there's no way it could be stopped.

he'd need a tax ID, otherwise tax and shipping would make it not worth it.

Back