post a pic of your wood burner in use...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the eye glass on one of the 750 horse power boilers i operate at work running half load few hours ill throttle her up

Attachments

• IMG_20150107_154840_701.jpg
    IMG_20150107_154840_701.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 42
1980 Tasso AO3 wood boiler. 3 degrees, wind, at 6:01PM
0c4cd8e1da6f684a40cb016c4a83c11e.jpg

92cb527bdcb6503cfe9f02484468609c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are two pics of the Charmaster, after putting a small load in, to hold the house over from 6 PM till bedtime. It was about 4 degrees and windy outside when I took this picture, but the thermostat was keeping the house at a consistent 71 degrees.

Door open:
2015-01-13 21.48.38.jpg
Door closed:
2015-01-13 21.48.25.jpg

Here are two pics of the Charmaster, after putting a small load in, to hold the house over from 6 PM till bedtime. It was about 4 degrees and windy outside when I took this picture, but the thermostat was keeping the house at a consistent 71 degrees.

Door open:
View attachment 394525
Door closed:
View attachment 394526
Nice, didnt know Charmasters were made in Grand Rapids. Not too far from me.

Nice, didnt know Charmasters were made in Grand Rapids. Not too far from me.
Yeah, they are a pretty slick unit, in my opinion, and very well made.

If you prefer the brick-lined type firebox over a grate type firebox, I think it's hard to beat. I have gone away for 48 hours, loading the furnace to the gills before I left, and the firebox was still hot and I was able to find enough coals to re-light when I got home.

It's tricky to get pics of the secondary burners kicking.
I've got a little 602CB w/ flex direct connect into the chimney tile and sealed.
Many Nordic cabin w/ wood supply stacked almost tight against the stove. When its brought fresh from outside it will "power dry" in respectable fashion giving a great burn. There are times when this burns w/ more blue than orange leaving the front glass and chimney cleaner than any stove I've ever used.

20150115_063722.jpg
Smoke discoloration is leftover from fireplace use not the woodstove.
W/ fireplace this chimney wouldn't draw for nothing and pushed me to this change.
Works great now sealed into the chimney flue only one way to go, up.
20150115_064843.jpg

It's tricky to get pics of the secondary burners kicking.
I've got a little 602CB w/ flex direct connect into the chimney tile and sealed.
Many Nordic cabin w/ wood supply stacked almost tight against the stove. When its brought fresh from outside it will "power dry" in respectable fashion giving a great burn. There are times when this burns w/ more blue than orange leaving the front glass and chimney cleaner than any stove I've ever used.

View attachment 394848
Smoke discoloration is leftover from fireplace use not the woodstove.
W/ fireplace this chimney wouldn't draw for nothing and pushed me to this change.
Works great now sealed into the chimney flue only one way to go, up.
View attachment 394847
Stove looks really small and the fire place looks huge, but pictures can be deceiving. Personally I would have tried to put a bigger one in or an insert, but whatever works for you to get the heat inside the house.

Yes it's small by most standards.
The guys say that I should just take pencils from work instead of bothering cutting wood.
In all honesty one of my big fears was to get something too big and smoke myself out of the living room or have to choke a big stove back and foul up the chimney with a smoldering inefficient burn. I can let this roll burning great and not fry in the living room.
Our winters are mild in Louisville and this has worked out well despite its size.
Down the road I may build a cabin and this would be perfect then swap this out for an Jotul F100 giving a bigger front view.
I really like being able to stockpile wood in the hearth space having it ready for and evening burn.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I have a unique setup I use a large wood burner in the garage, had the air chamber welded onto front and have high powerd blower on back. Basically using a burner as a furnace. Use a lot of wood but it works damn good. It shouldn't the physics don't work but my stove runs hot enough to get 220-280 degree air into house. So one main vent heats everything. House stays 76 and its 16 outside lol

Posted some of these pics in some of my older threads but I'll put em in here.

First pic is when I moved in the house after painting the brick red(They were on off white when I bought the house)
Second pic is the napolean insert the day it was installed, and my pup soon claimed the 10 foot perimeter around the stove his own
Third pic is the day we finished the new hearth and mantle
Fourth is my firewood buddy enjoying the fruits of his labor after a long day splitting with me

old hearth.JPGnew stove.JPGnew hearth.JPGdee 3.JPG

Back