post a pic of your wood burner in use...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 80 here. Every darn wasp, lady beetle, and box elder bug is out in full force. I'd much rather have 50 degrees.
Same here yesterday and today. 70 degrees in the shade here now.
Was out on the deck with my cup of tea this morning whooshing wasps away and the labybird beetles are everywhere. Even saw a spruce beetle on the door screen this morning.

I took advantage of the nice weather and swept my chimney for the first time in 4 yrs! I check it a couple times a year with a flash light and don't see any build up but I decided I better just do it for piece of mind. Over 20 ft of stainless pipe and only about 3 cups worth of light flaky dust. That's about 25 cords of wood in that time!

Got the wood stove fired up now that the temps dropped last night to 8 degrees and cold winds to make it feel like 5 degrees.
That's 46 deg and 41 degrees for all of you US guys.
BRRRRR.....
Thanks for the conversion.......that makes it easier for us fellas that are too lazy to look it up ourselves!:)

6511f271ccc10925c0e597aefd52b42e.jpg

Good solid burn going today. Ash is burning nice, but I stuck a single stick of red oak in and holy crap! That stuff is wonderful.

6511f271ccc10925c0e597aefd52b42e.jpg

Good solid burn going today. Ash is burning nice, but I stuck a single stick of red oak in and holy crap! That stuff is wonderful.
Yep, Red Oak is nice wood isn't it?
I use it in the deep of Winter along with my all time fav.....Sugar Maple.
I'm burning every night now as temps here have gone down to the freezing point at night.
But still only burning my Silver Maple as of yet.

Yep, Red Oak is nice wood isn't it?
I use it in the deep of Winter along with my all time fav.....Sugar Maple.
I'm burning every night now as temps here have gone down to the freezing point at night.
But still only burning my Silver Maple as of yet.

I'm burning ash right now, but popping a stick or two of red oak in. I'm kinda lucky, my stacks are all ash, dead red oak, hickory and some sugar maple that isn't ready yet. Still learning my stove and house for burning. Seems my stove likes half air with the ash to keep the stove top up around 400-475 depending on the wood. Sometimes it dips to 350. Still no smoke coming out of the chimney, but I keep an eye on it all.

Made the first "real" fire of the season last night. House is a toasty 75* this morning with a heavy frost and temps hovering at the freezing point. Yesterday morning I made a small, slow fire to break in the stove since it has sat cold for months.

'Tis the season!

20151018_074059.jpg

Latest posts

Back