post a pic of your wood burner in use...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aa298e8bb3a841b8be4f8c24466a7ad4.jpg
I REALLY LIKE THAT!

Thanks, I'm debating on putting a wood stove in it. The heat would be better but I would miss having an indoor fireplace I think.

very nice wood burner fireplace with a strong, masculine... majestic stance. :) I particularly like the mantle and the curved stone arch over the firebox. i also like the height of the hearth... hope you keep it as a working wood burning fireplace. very attractive, indeed.

I have just scrolled thru all the posts here on this very cool heater/burner thread! liked every post, pix I saw... see. :) nice invites into your homes, living rooms and dens... great rooms! enjoyed the tours... from fireplaces, to wood stoves, to boilers... big, small... all perfect! imo. to cooking steaks on the wood stove/heater... cast iron pan. you can do it differently, but you can't do it no better. btw, chef... you should post some of your wood stove cooking over at what did u have for dinner tonite thread...

I have some fireplaces, a wood stove, fire pits, etc and my outdoor unit - Brutus! I put in all of my fireplaces, etc myself... albeit working with contractors and brick layers, etc. none were in any buildings before I put them in. following are a couple that I can find pix of right off, will post up more in time, fires a blaze, etc...

Mr. Brutus

my patio outdoor fireplace

Brutus
is very special to me. what a wonderful addition he has proven to be for me! "a fire a day, what can I say? !" I just love him and I got him free! :) [btw - free workx for me!; lol] one day I was walking down my division's green belt and I noticed 2 old fireplaces on the side with stuff all grown up around them. omg, I thot. how I wanted one, but had no idea how to get it. well, both sat there for over 2 years. then one was gone. :eek: I knew I had to get with the program. but how to move it easily?? i mulled on it constantly. and well... it soon came to me one day, make a skid, use my tiller as a prime mover and my log-splitter as the rear wheels... tow in the skid! :) so I did that. got some help and we went to get it. moved back to my property with ease, I was happy. got it on my property and in a place I could live with and... 20 minutes later I had a fire in it. :) that was 6 or so years ago, and it has been burning nearly non stop ever since. :) :heart: Brutus :heart:. Brutus has campfires in him year round even in the midst of summer and 98F out... ;) I have thought about a chase and some trim work in wood. but I kinda like the metal exposed. the Austin stone helps with a make-shift hearth extension, and the junk around is tuff I have scrounged here and there... even the end irons, someone had thrown out on the curb one day. the gas can was just set there before I lit a fire and I moved after pix. had used it to put some gasoline on towelette to clean something... I don't use gasoline to start my fires. and I often bake in it under the fire... Brutus makes the most wonderful baked potatoes, big Russets. takes about 3 hours or so for a big spud, wrapped in tin foil, no oils... bit longer if colder out. I used expanded metal to keep the coals up and in the grate... he did not come with a grate. I added it and tuned it all to work well. the fire marshal stopped by one day, wanted to check things out, and checked my operation and... gave me a "thumbs up!"

Brutus is a Majestic 36" wood burning fireplace using a triple 10" flue... 10-12'. firebrick in rear, stepped out metal on sides. he is old, but servicing well. I stay on top of his needs and cater to him with a keen eye. in return... he is steadfast and loyal!! and always up for the Call of The Wild ;) I enjoy sitting by him, even more so close up on cold days. he is one heck of a fire breathing dragon... on any cold night I want to enjoy dinner or cold beer as he casts out warm heat... he will get with the program!! I say... " hey, you should see Brutus tonite... why he looks just like the 2nd shift over at Bethleham Steel!!! lol....

Brutus, clearly my favorite fireplace!... just know it, why this dawg can hunt!!! ;)

BYL7.png

BYL8.png

ps: when I went to haul out Brutus... believe it or not, the last fire he had in him well a lot of it the unburned bits of wood, ash... still in the hearth!!

here is the 2nd fireplace I put in. it is in the Master Bedroom.... it casts out a most wonderful heat, the room was fully insulated when fireplace put in and stays perfectly toasty... log cabin deep in the wilds of -40F the Alaksan bush... perfect!!! :) it is a floor to ceiling custom install... has accent in brick mantle... and this is a rare summer pix, clean. I have had this fireplace in use for over 25 years now! it is a 36" Majestic, 10" triple flue. Austin stone chase. I had a fire in it last nite, and will probably fire it up this morning, too... it burns almost daily during the colder fall/winter season... sometimes 24/7. but that would as a rule not be more than 2-3 days...

P1010030.JPG

some of my friends up in the country use wood heat for barn areas, shop or even the house... I like a wood burning stove. and have wanted one for some time. recently I came across this CL find for $175.00. I bought it sight unseen 15 mins after i saw the listing... as there was a crowd coming the next day to see it... met the guy downtown, we made our deal... and couple weeks later over Xmas holidays... I picked it up. not sure exactly where I will put it, but looks like it will go into the bunkhouse up on my farm. I really like it a lot. especially since I can unbolt it completely and move it in sections. no help needed! :) I plan to cook on it, too. this is exactly as it sat inside the grandma's place when I went to retrieve it... they gave me the brass wood holder u can see on the L, as well... nice deal!

stove.jpg

some of my friends up in the country use wood heat for barn areas, shop or even the house... I like a wood burning stove. and have wanted one for some time. recently I came across this CL find for $175.00. I bought it sight unseen 15 mins after i saw the listing... as there was a crowd coming the next day to see it... met the guy downtown, we made our deal... and couple weeks later over Xmas holidays... I picked it up. not sure exactly where I will put it, but looks like it will go into the bunkhouse up on my farm. I really like it a lot. especially since I can unbolt it completely and move it in sections. no help needed! :) I plan to cook on it, too. this is exactly as it sat inside the grandma's place when I went to retrieve it... they gave me the brass wood holder u can see on the L, as well... nice deal!

View attachment 480446
My friend has the exact same stove. I found it for him on CL also. Here is how it looks all cleaned up.uploadfromtaptalk1453456051265.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

My friend has the exact same stove. I found it for him on CL also. Here is how it looks all cleaned up.View attachment 480447 Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

did u do the restoration and installation, to? will it be used for heat? nice clean installation! have you seen this similar unit's restoration on utube? there is a 2nd part, also... interesting vids.

I know that when got it it was used only a couple times. I will ask him if his was made in Taiwan tho, very interesting.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

very nice wood burner fireplace with a strong, masculine... majestic stance. :) I particularly like the mantle and the curved stone arch over the firebox. i also like the height of the hearth... hope you keep it as a working wood burning fireplace. very attractive, indeed.

I have just scrolled thru all the posts here on this very cool heater/burner thread! liked every post, pix I saw... see. :) nice invites into your homes, living rooms and dens... great rooms! enjoyed the tours... from fireplaces, to wood stoves, to boilers... big, small... all perfect! imo. to cooking steaks on the wood stove/heater... cast iron pan. you can do it differently, but you can't do it no better. btw, chef... you should post some of your wood stove cooking over at what did u have for dinner tonite thread...

I have some fireplaces, a wood stove, fire pits, etc and my outdoor unit - Brutus! I put in all of my fireplaces, etc myself... albeit working with contractors and brick layers, etc. none were in any buildings before I put them in. following are a couple that I can find pix of right off, will post up more in time, fires a blaze, etc...

I m pretty sure I will, my OWB will provide most of the heat for the house. This fireplace and the one one the back porch are mostly for ambiance.[emoji1]

340589b43b0b70a213e1e7fba6841656.jpg

This is my back porch fire place I milled and carved both mantels out of a red oak that was once standing where my kitchen resides now.
Looks like you have a really beautiful place! I would love to do an outdoor fireplace like that! Thanks for sharing. Always helps with ideas!

This is my back porch fire place I milled and carved both mantels out of a red oak that was once standing where my kitchen resides now.

real nice, as well. I like that they are masonry fireplaces. show us a pix of your ash pit doors? or do you clean out from the front? are the flues masonry all the way?

I would have liked ash pits, but people down here don't really put them in new construction anymore. I didn't think about it until it was to late. Not sure how it would have worked on the stone one since it's on an interior wall.

I would have liked ash pits, but people down here don't really put them in new construction anymore. I didn't think about it until it was to late. Not sure how it would have worked on the stone one since it's on an interior wall.

yes! yes, indeed... especially when u decided to clean out the ash... inside.. lol..... no doubt cleaning out the ash, almost a sprititual ritual... requires a steady hand, gentle moves... patience with care... and borders on being an art form. invariably, seems always one shovel full hits the ash bag... tin... and oops... omg, ah _ _ _ _ !! etc... I have it down to a dull roar and a disciplined science. stihl, always happiest best when done and front of hearth vacuumed and sitting back enjoying the next fire as it starts to do its thing.... :)

Damn nice, looks good...only thing missing is two/three coolers of iced down cold ones.

Well boys here is a fire filled with VIRGIN Minnesota white pine.

My area was logged in 1912. 900,000 board feet of lumber was left submerged in the lake where my cabin is located due to an early spring that year.

Here's a firebox full of white pine cut 104 years ago, fished out of the lake and dried for three years.

Don't worry. It's not salvageable for other uses as wood submerged in shallow lakes deteriorates more quickly so although it works as firewood there is no strength to this wood so it's worthless as lumber.

image.jpeg

Back