post a pic of your wood burner in use...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Valley, How long will the stove shop hold a fire.On a different note,how much wood do you sell a year??

5-6 hours. ~8 hours if will fill it right full. Just burn poplar and scraps in it though.

Do about 500 cords a year between bulk wood and campfire bundles.

Not sure if I have posted this before or not but here it is anyway
aeK7cjIl.jpg

rXasBcWl.jpg

I fired back up today. Cold front went through last night. Dropped from 60 to upper 30’s with north winds. This is a Lennox Hearth Country Stove. Had it 10 years or so. Been a great stove, no catalyst but secondary burn tubes
911fdde41dbe884ebaf4226206584eed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 All Nighter Big Moe! All ducted into my forced hot air ducts, soon to have a magic heat and dual blowers, and it will take a 30" log. Heats my 2 story 3000 sqft house in Maine from the basement like a champ and will burn for 18+ hours if you run it right with the right wood. This things so big and heavy it actually keeps throwing heat after the fires burnt out which is great cause it keeps me warm while I'm relighting it haha. Ive burned wood my whole life and run a lot of stoves and this one is by far my favorite. It's been burning for about 45 days or longer straight now so it's a little dirty.
cc98e23e1e093afecaae8d3743981aca.jpg
68ea22217d4326b671804e908943362d.jpg

Sent from my Z899VL using Tapatalk

I'd post a picture, but I'm a little embarrassed of my stove compared to some of the nicer ones I'm seeing here. We have a early 90's era Dutch Midwest Federal Airtight. The side door casting hinge broke off and the previous owners attached a flange of some sort so it's functional.

This is actually our second winter burning wood for heat, we didn't buy this place until the summer of 16'.

Eventually I'd like the replace it and the crappy tile hearth with a more modern stove and a slab of soapstone.

Back