Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's even closer. Bullfrog Rd. is about 6 miles away from me. Was that recently? I don't remember reading about that in the local papers.
The death didn't happen at the place I was helping at. Just googled it, it was out near quarryville. The girl scout camp wanted all the dead standing ash trees down that were near walking paths or assembly areas. I was there a few times then they decided they were Gona have a tree company come in and do all the girl scout camps around the area. The guy I was cutting with knows the person in charge of the camp we were at and was told they couldn't get people to clear the trees at other camps hence call in the tree company. But we were at 35 trees at that spot with more needing to come down. Once the camps opened for the summer we weren't allowed to cut any more do to the kids being around.

Did this on the weekend. Hard to tell from the angle but the split pile is 25ft long, 12ft across (the base) and 4.5ft tall. Still got some rounds to split. 1/2 yellow Birch 1/2 maple.

Once it's all stacked I have a equal amount of Aspen and more maple to bring up.

Attachments

• IMG_20171114_143636.jpg
    IMG_20171114_143636.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20171114_143629.jpg
    IMG_20171114_143629.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 40
Did this on the weekend. Hard to tell from the angle but the split pile is 25ft long, 12ft across (the base) and 4.5ft tall. Still got some rounds to split. 1/2 yellow Birch 1/2 maple.

Once it's all stacked I have a equal amount of Aspen and more maple to bring up.

Nice looking pile! Did you do that all by hand or with a hydraulic splitter?

View attachment 612521 View attachment 612522 figured since I went off topic a bit I'd post some pics to make up for it. That cheap maul has an edge on it by a guy that's been sharpening for near 50years goes threw wood like butter.

I like your boxed wood covering idea, short and simple is in my wheelhouse. I'm thinking about doing some large holzhausen piles for a change, but I still want a way to cover it from the snow and ice in the winter. Not really concerned as much in the warmer months for open stacks.

Nice looking pile! Did you do that all by hand or with a hydraulic splitter?

I like your boxed wood covering idea, short and simple is in my wheelhouse. I'm thinking about doing some large holzhausen piles for a change, but I still want a way to cover it from the snow and ice in the winter. Not really concerned as much in the warmer months for open stacks.
Hydraulic splitter, no way I am splitting that much by hand maybe 15-20 years ago when I was a teenager lol

Sent from my Sonim XP7

Hello everyone. New here . Background I run a lawn service. Fall income is trees and firewood . I am a small operation as far as wood goes 3 maybe 4 months a year max. I typically split around 25 cords of firewood to sale. I have your typical equipment nothing really to fancy

Welcome to AS. The trees won't see you coming in that vehicle. :)

Here is a few more pics. You notice no big piles of wood. Since im still struggling to catch up on orders . It may set here for a day before it's gone.View attachment 612676 View attachment 612677 View attachment 612678
Man your splitting all those rounds on your own? Thats just back breaking work. It helps its a vertical splitter but the work sucks either way. I have a horizontal and every year of gathering, cutting, splitting, stacking makes me say to myself "i got to have this s$@t delivered" lol

Well, I'm finally back at it after a year off wood cutting.
Brought this home last week.
eFriSEc.jpg

Worked on it today. o_O I'm not the man I used to be. Actually, come to think of it, I never was the man I used to be...lol
XfifUOg.jpg

Back