Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
001.JPG 002.JPG
Dropped about a dozen trees, cut them to about 12 to 14 foot lengths. Piled with bobcat grapple my father just got. Dang that made it way easier! Had to cable and snatch block a few to keep off a building.

Big time back saver to get machines to move it vs lifting.

Hotter than heck today. I’m doing a little work slowly on my outdoor kitchen but otherwise just hanging in the shade.

I went out yesterday despite the temp. Wanted to finish getting wood from a current scrounge, drank lots of Sqwincher and tons of water. The neighbor that had his land logged out had no idea that they left so much wood behind, I told him that it was not processor wood but works for an OWB scrounger like me. I have to cut and split now, ran out of room to back the truck in and now no room for the tractor.001.JPG

White ash yard tree I took down last week for my in laws. White ash are not indigenous to my area, we only have the significantly less dense black ash so I’ll enjoy burning this once it’s seasoned. That little bit of extra room will be filled by a small dying red oak I spied along my driveway.

The limb wood was fairly crooked so it didn’t stack picture perfect like some of you guys do. ;)
6328276D-01D3-4C23-AAC0-730BB1D83E2C.jpeg

White ash yard tree I took down last week for my in laws. White ash are not indigenous to my area, we only have the significantly less dense black ash so I’ll enjoy burning this once it’s seasoned. That little bit of extra room will be filled by a small dying red oak I spied along my driveway.

The limb wood was fairly crooked so it didn’t stack picture perfect like some of you guys do. ;)
View attachment 667423
Crooked pieces of limb wood allow for better air flow thru the stack, just like you planned it:innocent:

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg IMG_0350.jpg

Here is my woodpile for this year. Figure there is almost 7 full cord of red oak that is getting pretty dry. Will be filling the area in the basement near the wood furnace starting the first week of September. Donated 2 ranks to an elderly friend that was short on wood last winter, so hopefully she will have enough this year.

I keep seeing and hearing about all these different kinds of trees I've never heard of living out here on the West Coast and Arizona area
Yep. A lot of 'arguments' on this site are based on different experiences of guys on the East or West coasts of the US who cut different trees under different conditions.

Then you consider South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc., and they have trees we can't even imagine.

Philbert

Yep. A lot of 'arguments' on this site are based on different experiences of guys on the East or West coasts if the US who cut different trees under different conditions.

Then you consider South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, etc., and they have trees we can't even imagine.

Philbert
The coolest stuff that I discovered here in Arizona that we don't have in the northwest is the alligator Juniper which is a hardwood that smells like Cedar when you cut it and has a bark that looks like an alligator I just love the stuff but it's kind of hard to get as far as whatever what they decide to thin out in the federal land. Northern AZ high desert is all pine and oak and alligator and Aspen so far that I've seen in prescott national forest. Flagstaff may have more

Latest posts

Back