Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little work the last few days. View attachment 670629 Oak and sugar maple from some super huge rounds.
View attachment 670630 The 2 smallest rounds are left. Also a pile I started before it got a million degrees a few months ago. View attachment 670631 Also made a pile of hackberry, elm, and box elder. Can't see the backside but it is about 2 cords. Amazed at how the SS does with elm and boxelder. Only had to go full throttle 2-3 times on some knotty elm. Lost my graphics about two cords in. Bought her in the winter and they never really were on there well when I received it.

How do you like the hitch? And did you make the stabilizers or did they come with the splitter?

How do you like the hitch? And did you make the stabilizers or did they come with the splitter?

Like the hitch except I am going to hing it so I can swing it under the table when splitting. I like to split into a bobcat bucket if I am stacking at the same time. The stabilizers came with it. I have pins for them so I can throw the bolts away. Make for easier adjusting.

Like the hitch except I am going to hing it so I can swing it under the table when splitting. I like to split into a bobcat bucket if I am stacking at the same time. The stabilizers came with it. I have pins for them so I can throw the bolts away. Make for easier adjusting.

I really want to mount a second axle on mine and tow it from the rear. I do believe another member here has that setup already.

I really want to mount a second axle on mine and tow it from the rear. I do believe another member here has that setup already.

That would work as well. I have a good welder who does a bunch of work for us and he'd fix me up for cheap I just have to pull it and get it to him. I'm gonna put a break away on much like you see on the boat trailers.

Getting there. 4 trailer loads brought up today. About 4 more and we are ready for winter.
10db7b51200c69ffb052c10b756e9630.jpg

sent from a field

He's lucky it didn't hit him in the plums :eek:.

Had a scrounge, ran a load and ended up at my woodpile-splitting area today. Last November I had run out of space in the woodshed and stacked some manna gum scrounge out in front.

3rd Dec 1.jpg

Now that winter made some space in the shed I have stacked that manna gum inside and with some other stuff have about 7 cubes (~2 cord) stacked in the back. The pile in the background is also going into the left bay of the shed along with some other stuff from the other shed. Can never have too many sheds. I stacked a couple of cubes of English oak in front now to help it dry out. Might use it as shoulder wood for next year.

11th Sep 7.jpg

Prolly stack today's scrounge in front of the retaining wall there, up on bricks or something to keep it off the dirt.

He's lucky it didn't hit him in the plums :eek:.

Had a scrounge, ran a load and ended up at my woodpile-splitting area today. Last November I had run out of space in the woodshed and stacked some manna gum scrounge out in front.

View attachment 674191

Now that winter made some space in the shed I have stacked that manna gum inside and with some other stuff have about 7 cubes (~2 cord) stacked in the back. The pile in the background is also going into the left bay of the shed along with some other stuff from the other shed. Can never have too many sheds. I stacked a couple of cubes of English oak in front now to help it dry out. Might use it as shoulder wood for next year.

View attachment 674190

Prolly stack today's scrounge in front of the retaining wall there, up on bricks or something to keep it off the dirt.

In addition to Landcruiser trucks, you Aussies have some really neat trailers. I understand why we don't have the trucks, but don't understand why we don't have similar trailers available here. Ron

In addition to Landcruiser trucks, you Aussies have some really neat trailers. I understand why we don't have the trucks, but don't understand why we don't have similar trailers available here. Ron

They're sturdy but they're small. Mine is 7 x 4.5 ft and that is the largest you can get with a single axle. Without getting silly loading it up, you can get 1/3 cord in there or a shade better. The most common trailer here would be 6x4, you just don't see the big trailers you have in the US over here. I'd love to get a bigger trailer than I have but then I'd need to get a better vehicle to tow it with and we've got big expenses coming up with a home renovation so now is probably not the time. I'll just have to make more trips with the little trailer.

damn guys, when I see your pics I am too ashamed to post my rinky dink setup I have:(

high kudos to you

I'll give you rinky dink. For the first 7 years my wife and I were together, I cut our firewood with a bow saw and had it in a single row the width of the house. Not overly time effective but it did work, until the kids arrived and the wood requirement doubled. That's when I bought the trailer and my first saw (MS310) on the same day.

Angus and trailer 001.jpg

Angus and trailer 003.jpg

So don't be shy, post those pics. You'll learn heaps of cool and useful stuff here too.

Latest posts

Back