Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Load 6, good weekend!
c15f74cd44a2b1c10804de69a4903932.jpg
b464a5c96523597f9c6bc54081c90afd.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Looking good! Glad to see the trailer is still hauling!

44 degrees this morning. Good morning to tackle the big logs. A borrowed skid steer and splitter made these big & heavy Oak, Hackberry and Cottonwood way more manageable. A 288Xp handled the bucking.
3cd1a2881db40d1efef83b7ff124d388.jpg
bb57b2273cfdc632df4f1c22b0804c92.jpg
24139566e52bb5f17b546286611f4711.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
Ronaldo, How do you like the front end splitter on the bobcat? I have one i use all the time. Luke

Looking good! Glad to see the trailer is still hauling!

Looks like the fender finally fell off. I wish I had a trailer that big.

Ronaldo, How do you like the front end splitter on the bobcat? I have one i use all the time. Luke

Out of interest, are you anywhere near Stratton Mtn in Vt? I competed in a ski race there once, prolly Dec 1994.

It works very well, especially on big heavy rounds that would be difficult to lift or move around to a conventional splitter.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I have 5 cubes of red and grey box stacked on the lower level (that's English oak on the higher row) and a further 4 cubes of yellow box on various parts of the property (2.5 full cord all up), in addition to what is in the shed already. Much denser stuff than what we have locally and a 40 mile drive one way to get (or $21 fuel return).

3rd Oct 1.jpg

I don't really need more, but I find myself compelled to go back.

You know why.

Because it's there.:chainsaw:

Moving the ash on the porch for this year why handle it twice. The only wood that's dry in the pile.
I like that idea and agree :rock:.
Once the ground is froze solid I like to cut the dead standing black locust. I'll take the tractor out, cut split(a few pieces) and load the bucket and then it goes right from the bucket to the wood rack inside the house the larger stuff I stand up around the stove to wait for it to dry just a bit. The larger rounds work great for all night burns in late Jan, and it gives me a little exercise to which is nice.

Latest posts

Back