Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use
Well, with all the rains, and being behind on the lawns all year, I finally started splitting a little wood. Split all of the dead standing Oak yesterday, then started on some of the 39" Oak this morning. Dang that stuff is heavy.
p2Dy0u7.jpg

QCgiOdh.jpg

CsM1DSh.jpg
I use the noodles for starting up the woodstove in the fall & spring they work great. Winter time the stove is going nonstop in the tundra.

I use

I use the noodles for starting up the woodstove in the fall & spring they work great. Winter time the stove is going nonstop in the tundra.
I had a friend that had a pallet factory. They had a small tub grinder inside the building and ground all their scraps. She would fill paper lunch bags with the chips and use them for fire starters. It was all dry Oak. Just like noodles, worked great.

Looking good, I love seeing other's woodpiles and woodsheds. It's like a footprint of hard work and planning in a most primal form. Did you start burning yet this season?
Yessir. I probably started burning about 10 days ago. I also enjoy the sense of accomplishment one gets from looking at a loaded woodshed.

I have my logs all stacked at the edge of my property which is where I do all the cutting. My backhoe has a thumb which makes life real easy, pick a log up buck it load it up in the truck and drive it out to the back basement door where I split it all then when I have a good pile Ill start stacking. Cut it all with a Stihl 041 with 20" bar and 3/8 chain

Attachments

• thumbnail_KIMG0851.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG0851.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 47
  • thumbnail_KIMG0860.jpg
    thumbnail_KIMG0860.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 47
Here is this years wood. This stack is all oak.
20181028_180557.jpg
This stack is silver maple and willow oak.
20181028_180604.jpg
Here is future firewood. I'm hoping these will get 1-2 yrs to season. Should have the pallets full in the next week or two with all white oak.
20181028_175017.jpg
Hope to get this split and stacked this week.
20181028_175003.jpg

This is my brother's wood stack but I cut, split, dried and delivered it. Two face cord of scrounged peppermint plus a big box of wattle kindling there on the left. When I have something on in Melbourne I generally take a load down with me. His wife is always happy to see me (like most ladies she shovels wood in like crazy) and she would happily unload and stack all day if I was able to bring down that much wood.

28th Oct 1.jpg
28th Oct 2.jpg

Back