Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy part finished - now for the splitting and stacking. Scout is my Chief Security and Standards officer - I cut each round one Scout length

IMG_5132.jpg

A couple of you folks reporting you hate to burn Oak in another thread must really detest pictures like this. No worries, it makes fine splitting and I get no complaints from warm home owners.

Easy part finished - now for the splitting and stacking. Scout is my Chief Security and Standards officer - I cut each round one Scout length

View attachment 716831

A couple of you folks reporting you hate to burn Oak in another thread must really detest pictures like this. No worries, it makes fine splitting and I get no complaints from warm home owners.
Does he stand there while your cutting lol.
I don't detest it if your talking to me as one of those folks lol. I don't hate burning it, just waiting for it to season :eek:.
Personally I'd be getting some boards made out of that or selling the logs and buying firewood with the cash if need be.
I'll be right back with some :picture:.

Does he stand there while you cutting lol.
I don't detest it if your talking to me as one of those folks lol. I don't hate burning it, just waiting for it to season :eek:.
Personally I'd be getting some boards made out of that or selling the logs and buying firewood with the cash if need be.
I'll be right back with some :picture:.

I was wondering who, too? lol... me? ah heck, I love the stuff... its my 98% go to wood on all fronts...

no kidding, that sure is some nice looking oak trunks... imo, real nice grains!

Here's some boards a buddy milled up for me on his bandsaw mill. There's enough to do the other side this yr and this was out of the small end of the butt log, it was a little bigger than the one your dogs on I'd guess though.
View attachment 716885

nice shed!, c. I had seen it in ur pan-o-ramics... other day, but now up close. nice style -

steel or wooden nails?... o_O

My uncle has a saw mill and in the past I have had many of the big oaks milled. The main part of the house is post and beam and I have made most of the furniture from the left overs from the beams.
Still make a clock here and there but really have no need for lumber.Some of the stuff I have done.IMG_20190220_175307780.jpg IMG_20190220_175347747.jpg IMG_20190220_175159455.jpg

My uncle has a saw mill and in the past I have had many of the big oaks milled. The main part of the house is post and beam and I have made most of the furniture from the left overs from the beams.
Still make a clock here and there but really have no need for lumber.Some of the stuff I have done.View attachment 717173 View attachment 717174 View attachment 717172
That's really cool! Makes for great memories to pass along. I have zero skill with cabinetry.

Still make a clock here and there but really have no need for lumber.Some of the stuff I have done.View attachment 717173 View attachment 717174 View attachment 717172
Very nice.
I wouldn't mind doing some woodwork, but I don't have a setup for it, nowhere to store wood inside except the basement and there isn't any outside access.
A pole building is the next construction project I plan on other than some shelves for the basement.

Today I got most of it cut up, ready for splitting.View attachment 717407

those chunks sure do look ready for some splitting! I like that tractor! is it new? from afar, rear wheels say new, or in excel condition! what is with the box on back? is it a 3-pt? I like how u can stow your saws. if u get a chance, I would like to see some more pix of it. or a link?

also, thot your woodworking/cabinet making nice. the dresser set looks heirloom, but I really like the gun cabinet. you make it from framework up? is in oak?...

those chunks sure do look ready for some splitting! I like that tractor! is it new? from afar, rear wheels say new, or in excel condition! what is with the box on back? is it a 3-pt? I like how u can stow your saws. if u get a chance, I would like to see some more pix of it. or a link?

also, thot your woodworking/cabinet making nice. the dresser set looks heirloom, but I really like the gun cabinet. you make it from framework up? is in oak?...
Gun cabinet is solid red oak as is the dresser. All made by me from trees cut on my place. Tractor is new, weight box on 3 point I made those channels to hold the saws.

Sounds like you better get it tied down by Sunday or you may have to pick it up at my place ;)
Yes sir, I'll be out there working on it today. If it's not finished by sat then my lovely bride and I may be splitting wood for date night :chop::heart: :laugh:.
She does help so it wouldn't be a problem, but the sun is shinning here already so it should be a nice day to get it all done.
It does look like it's gonna get pretty crazy with all that wind, fortunately for use we are just into the grand river valley so it's not typically as bad here as other areas.

IMG_20190222_140600183.jpg Here you go

Back