Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up 10 cord so now I'm tossing them in the top of the 10 -20 shed. My wife has patience and love to stack so she stacked the shed, guess my tossing it in bugs her. Neat stacks does get more wood in the shed I'll admit, just not to her.

View attachment 745358
That good to cove the pile up.I did the same.

You going split that my hand?
I have no choice , i burn for heat in the winter, old farm house , two open face fireplaces and 1 woodstove, i go thru about 45-50 cords of wood a winter burning all 3 for 4-5 months stright , im lookimg for a good used log splitter since this is my 2nd year in this house , i spent atleast 5 hours a day , everyday all summer to split enough wood to burn in the main room and 1 bedroom , i do need a splitter just cant afford 800 plis bucks for a new one

I have no choice , i burn for heat in the winter, old farm house , two open face fireplaces and 1 woodstove, i go thru about 45-50 cords of wood a winter burning all 3 for 4-5 months stright , im lookimg for a good used log splitter since this is my 2nd year in this house , i spent atleast 5 hours a day , everyday all summer to split enough wood to burn in the main room and 1 bedroom , i do need a splitter just cant afford 800 plis bucks for a new one
Just get a cheapo $200 splitter, with some modifications it can be really productive.
For me splitting wood with an axe is nothing but a back killer.

A couple of inserts would significantly cut down on wood consumption in those open fireplaces and give you more heat to boot. 45 to 50 cords is a lot of wood!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

omg!...

Just get a cheapo $200 splitter, with some modifications it can be really productive.
For me splitting wood with an axe is nothing but a back killer.

well, something for sure! I am pretty sure if I needed 45-50 cords of wood per winter season... I would have to mechanize my ops! hope u can come up with something... other than axe head high in the air...

Finally starting to get the wood pile processed. Normally we'd toss splits into a wagon and go stack, but with our season going from abnormal amounts of rain to blistering heat, I've determined we just need to get it split. We can work on stacking as time permits.

908e118d478d1e4baa0b02fed88dddb0.jpg

ded2ce501f6c209715371ea49caba1b4.jpg

Added a roller conveyor to the process, its working well to eliminate using the tractor. Picked up 2 of these sections locally. Pretty good use of $100.

8ca8afb9b6cf663e08cb0a8c4cab7048.jpg

39e03068f9f6a4703aa34ebbcd32951a.jpg

sent from a field

This is some of the pine from when we cleared an area for the new garage last year, I used the 4540 to get everything up in the air. After I finish this pile, we have six more that will need c/s/s.

We have two years of shoulder season wood up so this will be for down the road and for some fires in the outside fireplace this winter.

Attachments

• 101_9409.JPG
    101_9409.JPG
    711.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 101_9410.JPG
    101_9410.JPG
    661.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 101_9412.JPG
    101_9412.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 18
  • 101_9413.JPG
    101_9413.JPG