Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also found out that gas engines dont run on diesel. Filled up the Timberwolf and tried to start it it started then blow smoke and died. Grabbed the wrong can so I had to siphon it out and fill with gas . Needed a few shots of starter fluid to get it going smoked like a biatch at first then cleared up. Guess it has an upper engine lube

I also found out that gas engines dont run on diesel.

It’s a lot better to put diesel in a gas engine then do the opposite. Diesel engines REALLY DONT LIKE gasoline

Had a co-worker fill up my rented, diesel, pickup with no-lead, trying to be nice. Got confused by a 'low-emissions' sticker somewhere. Had to have it towed, drained, etc.

Philbert

Took this oak down today. I cut it 25" for the shop stove I made. Hope its dry for next year.View attachment 794936 View attachment 794937 View attachment 794938 View attachment 794939
Nice drop.
Usually takes longer than a year to season oak...from my experience and from what others say too.
I'd cut and season for 2 years out for species like Oak, Elm and some other very hard hardwoods. Even some Sugar Maple I've cut wasn't ready to burn next season.
If it's longer lengths it may take longer to season.

I got ready for a couple fires other day in couple of my fireplaces. cold out. 33f range. made up some kindling, was thinking I should set up some kitchen wood, too. had plenty, but while walking my pups came across this. ez pickings. today on one corner where I just reached down and picked some of this up... carry in's... I see 2 good sized piles, some 3-4" branches, firewood sized oak trimmings. would make a nice wheel barrow or two. not a cord, but a lot of fire wood. may inquire if ok to cut up. it is on curb for pick up. but made up this for 2nd layer of wood. worked out well. got about the same tonite, too... but it all got burned up this afternoon... along with some oak coals for some fireplace cooking outside...
P7170101.JPG P7170102.JPG P7170103.JPG P7170104.JPG P7170115.JPG P7170117.JPG

I just finished splitting up what was left in my truck of hickory. Still have about a cord of hickory that I'll get around too later . This stuff is hard to split its heavy and stringy

I sure would like to have some of that hickory! good cookin' wood!

Latest posts

Back