Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for variety over quantity ;) A little ash, some cherry, a stick of red oak, 2 or 3 sticks of hackleberry, a couple of chestnut. Loaded my neighbor's Ranger up four times and sent him home with enough firewood to keep his OWB burning for a while. View attachment 796423

I went for convenience over quantity! lol :laughing: we don't usually burn hackle or hackberry. I googled hackleberry wood, nothing came up. guess u may mean hackberry? a non-preferred soft wood down here, but per this link, seems a popular soft wood with good BTU's....

"In the all-important heat department, hackberry won't leave you lacking. Its BTUs fall short of prime hardwoods, but hackberry logs rate higher on heat than most other soft-wooded trees. The proof is the coals, which keep wood stoves burning reliably through cold nights."

FIL had to have a load of wood today. Not to happy about it. lolView attachment 797584
Everybody seems to want firewood when it's almost impossible to get back to the wood pile because of the mud! :angry: I have been thinking ahead this year and load up two of my trucks when the weather permits (dry conditions), and sure enough, somebody will call for firewood when it's raining or snowing outside. :laugh:

I got tired of cold feet. Usually use the toasty toes foot warmers but moveing around my feet get to hot. This is one of my wifes old yoga mats. I had to cut it down as it was almost 6ft long . Close cell foam with a rough rubber surface. Split for about two hours feet are warm Works well I have 10 of them going to use them in my barn and in the work shop . Keep the feet off the concrete
20200217_124813.jpg 20200217_124847.jpg

Well I'm done for today . Would rather split ash by hand than do hickory on the splitter. But I managed a good pile today mostly hickory with a few token ash in there . Still need to stack the pile just about done with the rounds . Haven't touched the logs I got 3 months ago. And I'm going for a few more loads on Thursday and Friday. 20200217_162758.jpg 20200217_162812.jpg

I went for variety over quantity ;)
A little ash, some cherry, a stick of red oak, 2 or 3 sticks of hackleberry, a couple of chestnut.
Loaded my neighbor's Ranger up four times and sent him home with enough firewood to keep his OWB burning for a while.

View attachment 796423
Nice haul neighbor.
I went for convenience over quantity! lol :laughing: we don't usually burn hackle or hackberry. I googled hackleberry wood, nothing came up. guess u may mean hackberry? a non-preferred soft wood down here, but per this link, seems a popular soft wood with good BTU's....

"In the all-important heat department, hackberry won't leave you lacking. Its BTUs fall short of prime hardwoods, but hackberry logs rate higher on heat than most other soft-wooded trees. The proof is the coals, which keep wood stoves burning reliably through cold nights."
That's correct BL, hackberry.

Laid down six more pallets and started on the pile, had to I couldn't chuck the wood high enough anymore. Filled them and didn't make a real dent in the pile . This load still in the bucket to cold to lay down some more pallets . Finishing off a good double maybe triple Makers Mark. 20200219_120133.jpg 20200219_141540.jpg

Latest posts

Back