Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a lot done today.

Found a crows nest in an ash tree, not sure how I feel about it.
100_0536.JPG

Then I got some pallets laid down for more stacks of firewood and brought a few transport box loads over.

100_0537.JPG100_0551.JPG

Here is said box loaded up with spruce

100_0542.JPG

Everything is a pain to get at on the back end of that tractor. Here is the hydraulic oil intake:100_0538.JPG

And here is the fuel intake:

100_0540.JPG

I then cut off a load of old stumps and brought them over to.

100_0545.JPG

100_0541.JPG

After that I bucked up a couple of ash logs and got the wood into the shed for next winter.

100_0546.JPG100_0547.JPG

Not a bad day in the ole wood lot. Working thru a pile of oak rounds I had cut in the winter. Good chance I'm going to have to breakdown and buy a conveyor. Seems keeping wood clear of the SS is a constant chore and I need to build up as my room is getting short on supply.

20200327_170546.jpg

Blocked up some willow rounds I had dumped on me in the fall. Had to cut the rounds short then noodle em as this was rounds from just above the stump. I suppose if it ever dries I will feed it to either the boiler or the fire pit. Likely not much good for anything else and even free not worthy of the effort.

It’s so wet there that your firewood gets the guest room?

It's a really good drying room. I leave the door wide open when I'm at home if it's not raining. That stuff has only been in there since December and some of it is ready to burn already. It can turn into a kiln in there if the sun is shining.

Back