Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22054953b86457769cc8f4fd792556fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice timber mate . What species is it ? How d you find your lucas mate ? Cheers
Thanks. If memory serves me correctly, that was some old, dry Saligna. Love the Lucas because it works as it should. At first, it seems such a simple set-up but it's clear that simplicity has years of experience and clever thinking behind the design. They have largely resisted the frills and stick to a design and engineering that works today and will still be working in years to come. But the best thing about it, is the service from Lucas. They are without doubt the best business I have ever dealt with. After sales service isn't a marketing slogan. They take it seriously. I know they've got my back and after the nightmares with other machinery vendors I have experienced, owning a Lucas and experiencing their after sale service feels like coming home.

A minor tale of woe:
A very nice Chestnut Oak and a typical Red Oak were both blown over during the TS no one could pronounce:

IMG_8029.jpg

This one fell just past my last utility pole before my utilities go underground:

IMG_8028.jpg

Red Oak brought down about half the limbs off a Tulip Poplar. It's stinking hot and humid here now, not the kind of weather I prefer to work in. So, when My Son-In-Law and Grandson volunteered to assist Saturday I took them up on it. Unfortunately, my SIL struck a mighty but glancing blow with the Fiskars on one of the blocks he was splitting. I guess fortunately, the blow caught the tire on my cart instead of anything that bleeds:

IMG_8056.jpg

And, not to be outdone, I broke the chain tensioner pawl on my Dolmar 421 while limbing this mess in either a feat of tremendous strength, or tremendous stupidity:

IMG_8058.jpg

And after a reasonable quest on the internet, I can't find one. I guess I'll have to try one of the used parts sites and probably have to buy half a saw.

I was able to find a Dolmar / Makita part on German eBay, that I could not find here, with the help of some AS members. Post a ‘Wanted’ ad in the Trading Post.

Philbert
Thanks, I did, and perhaps even better than German eBay, I was directed to the chainsawr site. Which I had already searched. I couldn't find, but @hokiehunter did find it and posted a link for me. Order posted. Thanks to ArboristSite I expect to be sawing again with this 421 soon.

Back