Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The White Pine I bucked up today is from the clearing we did for the new garage in 2018. I'll start splitting and stacking out of the pile of rounds, not all the rounds in the pile came from today.

I'll stack six face cord of Pine by the end of July which will be for next years shoulder season wood.

Attachments

• 104_1919.JPG
    104_1919.JPG
    896.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 104_1920.JPG
    104_1920.JPG
    914.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 104_1921.JPG
    104_1921.JPG
    887.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 104_1922.JPG
    104_1922.JPG
    868.6 KB · Views: 13
hi! thought of you guys other day... hate missing all the swell posts about firewood, stacks and wood piles... it continues to rain firewood down here in my neck of the woods. currently, with a purpose and desire... could easily get a cord a day. :yes: it's all over the place and lots on the curb... spotted this lil snatch day before just sitting on the curb. 6 houses down. all real pretty-like! oak. 14 stix... we do our fires once started... 1 stix at a time, as needed. temps don't matter. no reason not to have a camp fire... lol :cool: so grabbed this and added to our wood pile... not too big a haul, but nice in any event! well, imo...price was right! ;)

P1010020.JPGP1010019.JPG

A lot of splitting ahead. Bunch of nice silver maple im hoping will split easy. Theres hackberry underneath that I hope isn't too knarly.
20210627_211921.jpg
Working on my walnut. These were loaded up in log form and I thought I had a lot more than there is. I guess I can haul more if I buck it up before its loaded
20210627_211942.jpg

:D

How are the temperatures there? Quite seldom we have anything on the news about NW United States. But now tabloids had articles telling Washington state and Idaho hitting 110.

I have Oregon and Washington friends saying they've been hitting 115-117f, 46-47c.

@stihlaficionado do you get much trash from that box wedge on the splitter?
Depends on the wood & length of time it's been sitting there. Green wood produces less is my observation & logs that have been sitting out 3+ years produces more trash. Nearly all the larger logs are put on 6x6s, off the ground

The old Built-Rite splitter produced a bit less, but the Brute Force can split 3X as much in the same time period, with less bending over & less touches.

Keeping up with the amount of splits is the challenge on the BF: making sure it clears the chute & onto the conveyor.

ahead of the game again ready for next year, this stuff was truly hard heavy gum as it split goes crack crack crack bang some type of big yate or eucalyptus saligna sydney blue

View attachment 915578View attachment 915580
Always like the looks of those vertical Choppers. Have never seen one over here; just horizontal ones that pivot to split on the ground (but not on a table).

Philbert

Back