Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it gets a little nippy where ya'all are..HAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's a serious no foolin' around wood stack there, bro!

Thanks. This is actually the Banana Belt :) When we had the winter Olympics they had to truck in enough snow :)
Hopefully I have about half of what i want on hand for the upcoming season. If you have a look at my "Firewood Dave " facebook page there are some more pics
thanks
Dave

Split for about 2.5 hours today...
SplitToday2012.jpg

The remainder of the pile
Wood2012_full.jpg

Start of the '13-'14 stack. (2012-13 stacks buried behind the white pines which I've since been scolded for on AS... but I'm not moving them now.)
Stackstart13.jpg

Hey! Your wheel barrow is upside down!

Nice work! :bowdown:

Thanks. This is actually the Banana Belt :) When we had the winter Olympics they had to truck in enough snow :)
Hopefully I have about half of what i want on hand for the upcoming season. If you have a look at my "Firewood Dave " facebook page there are some more pics
thanks
Dave

I liked your page, Dave

Hey! Your wheel barrow is upside down!

Nice work! :bowdown:

Thanks, yeah we are in a rather wet area so any way to avoid mosquito "ponds" forming I do it! I leave it out there too, otherwise its another excuse not to stack! I see it there, and if I'm putzing around, I'll stack a few full.

My day's work....

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...274713_100001782315997_845814_332915946_n.jpg

My camping site firewood pile. The stuff you see is green Larch Tamarack, cut over the last month. Split this afternoon with an X-25. SOOOooooo glad I traded up for that axe, does it EVER split nicely. Almost a joke, I was putting 10" rounds on the block, full of big knots and twists... BANG ! They just fly apart, me giggling like a child when they do .... lol !

Last edited:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...274713_100001782315997_845814_332915946_n.jpg

My camping site firewood pile. The stuff you see is green Larch Tamarack, cut over the last month. Split this afternoon with an X-25. SOOOooooo glad I traded up for that axe, does it EVER split nicely. Almost a joke, I was putting 10" rounds on the block, full of big knots and twists... BANG ! They just fly apart, me giggling like a child when they do .... lol !

bwahahaha, that's exactly what happened to me first time out with my mail order supersplitter. Was laughing and having a good time, I mean whooping it up, WHACK Pop!, wow cool, try another one, a big one WHACKWHACKWHACK, etc pile of splits in seconds. Just freeking amazing to me just how much better their splitting axes are compared to generic hardware store "mauls".

Mauls are well named, after you use one for an hour, you feel like you have been mauled! I think mauls were invented so the international steel cartel can just sell you more bulk steel. That's why I started calling mauls "anvils on a stick".

Anyway, *nice* pile of pretty splits you got there man, I bet it is real nice up where you are. We are just now maybe starting tomorrow or so hitting what I call the beastly hot weather down here, starting like two months early after this extraordinary mildish winter we had. I am *not* looking forward to july or august except getting fresh melons and corn and maters.

What is an x-25 ?

Brian

I gotta leave this Bay open enough to fit the loader tractor in... In the back of the barn, I always fill the back wall up first, then the ends, then the bays... Back wall of wood is 9' high x 40' across. I got an Ash tree to add to the barn right now, but ain't sure which bay i'm gonna have to plug up. Should be some nice stuff by mid winter though...

attachment.php

I gotta leave this Bay open enough to fit the loader tractor in... In the back of the barn, I always fill the back wall up first, then the ends, then the bays... Back wall of wood is 9' high x 40' across. I got an Ash tree to add to the barn right now, but ain't sure which bay i'm gonna have to plug up. Should be some nice stuff by mid winter though...

attachment.php
how do you guys get the ends stacked so good like that?it must be easier done with two logs per direction. im doing it with three and they all have to be the size its a pain.

how do you guys get the ends stacked so good like that?it must be easier done with two logs per direction. im doing it with three and they all have to be the size its a pain.

3 works great too... Just make sure you put the 2 large on the outside, and a smaller one in the middle...
:rock:

Nail gun & glue. If you notice, Hedgerow's end stacks NEVER change.... :msp_ohmy:

That is a good looking wood pile! How many cords do you think are on there ?

Sorry about not posting much, but I do lurk in the background.

From what I can figure there is 34 trailer loads of wood all together in pics (including what is on the left side that you may not totally see). My dad had told me that he figured there was approx. 1 face cord of wood in each trailer load. That is when he use to cut approx 5 full cord of wood with a Stihl 011 AVE. So based on that, I figure there is 11.33 full cord of wood. Most all of it is red oak with a little white oak scattered in there for good measure.

For this next heating season, my goal is to have 35 trailer loads because I think we are going to pay for this year's warmer winter. In the next week or 2 when I get finished, I'll post a pic.

hdbiker2000

Nail gun & glue. If you notice, Hedgerow's end stacks NEVER change.... :msp_ohmy:

The ones with Elm in them change with time...:bang:
I put some Elm in the far left corner in this picture... Note to self: Elm shrinks too much, too fast...
Makes piles ugly...
:msp_thumbdn:

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back