Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work%20007.JPG

Work%2520007.JPG

I am building a stock to carry me though my declining years. None of this is for sale. All Black Locust most of which was killed by the Locust Borer.

My current splitting area. I will be moving the splitting operation elswhere when that area is filled even with the stuff to the left. There are 8 ricks there so far. All my wood is piled rick tight against rick, no space between them. I keep my homemade cart there to toss in the bark/chips as I split then haul to the fire pile. Jusst did that today.

Stuff to the left is the oldest since I started cutting nothing but B Locust. That was around '95 or 96.

splitting-2.jpg

3 areas.
Far one by fence is my next season's wood. Around 5 cords - that was cut back in mid 90s from a blowdown area.
Rounds by fence is stuff waiting to be split - guestimate 6+ cords
Left hand pile has 2 20' ricks of unsplit rounds plus 7 or 8 ricks containing 1.5 cord splits.

waiting-1.jpg

More cut early in the B Locust era. Those piles go back some 20' to the garage/woodshed

storeage.jpg

I figure 40 + cords total but suspect it would be much more.

Harry K

I can't think of a wood much better suited to long term storage than Black Locust...
Good choice...:rock:

I sold out everything I had by Christmas last winter... I only keep "special" stuff longer than a year...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here is my wood piles. Still got a lot of logs to skid out. Usually the wood is splitted and stacked by the end of May....not sure for this year.

Here's the stack for 2013/2014. Approximately 3 cord in there.

attachment.php

Last year's splitting location. It moves around. :D

attachment.php

The 2012/2013 pile before splitting.

attachment.php

Awesome!

Dam good looking wood!!!:bowdown:...is that white barked wood Birch?
Here is my wood piles. Still got a lot of logs to skid out. Usually the wood is splitted and stacked by the end of May....not sure for this year.

Fred W:
That a new Ramsplitter electric ? 110v ? Cost ? How's the 4-way head work for you ?
How about a review with pros/cons ?
Thx,
LB

PS I wasn't at ease with all those hydraulics on top close to the lovely face. :eek2:

Last edited:
I always dump and split the piles in the same central "processing" site, then move stack in another area of our land.

0401121204.jpg

0213121448.jpg

My growing wood pile. It's about 4 cords in this picture. I've got a couple more that are split that I need to stack.

2012-04-22_10-47-53_905.jpg

Back