Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little firewood pile
e0e9d0b9a4d5dc8bcc4d95e92b7e79da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Asplundh dropped a nice douglas fir by the road bout 2 miles from my cabin.
2 loads in 3 hours. Here it is split.View attachment 732201
I've always liked that splitter :numberone:.
If I ever get one that's that heavy duty, I'd like it with hydro's on the wheels and a third or forth(side by side) wheel on the front so I could drive it around.

I got some more locust sticks from across the road and I've got like 7 more to take down at my next door neighbors. I like to leave mine standing :happy:.
He also said I can grab up a bunch of locust that were pushed to the back of his property around 1995. They have a nice coating of moss on them with no bark, they're prime for the picking'.

The one on the right was leaning toward the house pretty good, and the one on the left was leaning towards the wires, his kids who burn wood themselves wanted nothing to do with either :clap:.
Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 5.30.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 5.32.01 PM.png

I don't have a particular area I split at. I move around to where ever the wood pile is, but here are some pics of how I store my wood.

I put a 3 foot cover next to my wood fence to store wood under. There are 27 3'x10 sections along my back fence.

nothing short of amazing

rw820y.jpg

I have another area out in the open where lots of sun and wind can get to it. I don't cover this wood.
I have 3 double rows that are 5 cords long and gives me room for 30 cords. I stack it on treated 4x4's with short 4 by's going one way and then I put another set of 4x4's length ways so it's about 7 '' off the groung for good air flow under the stack.

2lb10nt.jpg

wbccgo.jpg

t83net.jpg

aayicp.jpg

I use galvanized baskets to store the short drop offs that I use in my wood stove. These work great for storing odd shaped wood chunks that are perfect of my wood heater.

2i1zfc0.jpg

Then I have some home made wood racks that I can use when it's wet and muddy. I can bring wood up to where it's dry so people picking up wood can get to it.

2po5bfb.jpg

Some random wood piles that I work from.

293vo8z.jpg

34g7rlz.jpg

fv9ymd.jpg

My little yard cart for moving wood to the stacking areas.

2qwdl02.jpg

117y7nd.jpg

4vhb9y.jpg

rup9co.jpg

I also sell 50lb bags of wood for people that just want a small amount. The bags are clean and don't leave trash in the trunk of a car like loose wood or bundles.

33ot9g8.jpg

2vhvu2u.jpg

Pretty dang nice outside today, so after work I spent a little time filling the wood shed. A bit of a necessary evil, but the end result is satisfying.

This is some ash, birch, maple mix that's I've had split and setting outside since last summer. Should be real nice come fall.

20190515_164629.jpg 20190515_171952.jpg

Pretty dang nice outside today, so after work I spent a little time filling the wood shed. A bit of a necessary evil, but the end result is satisfying.

This is some ash, birch, maple mix that's I've had split and setting outside since last summer. Should be real nice come fall.

View attachment 736167 View attachment 736168
Looks great. Do you burn a lot more than that in a yr up there, or is it not your primary heat source.
Are those little lights on the front corners, they look nice, I'm going to need some inside mine this yr, not sure if the cheap led ones will work in the cold well.
I did a little work on my wood shed getting ready for some concrete :clap:.
Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 10.07.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 10.09.57 PM.png

Latest posts

Back