Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good thing about no power was I got about a cord of logs cut into rounds ready for splitting.Have about 10 cord split in that pile.View attachment 766767
Never a dull moment unless we make it that way, looks like you made something out of it :cheers:.
I was thinking of you today, went to my parents to drop a couple leaning cherry trees :surprised3:.
All went well so I didn't have any new learning experiences, this time lol.
Got a nice pile going over there and I know there's at least one more tree I need to get down for them that's leaning into another from the wind we had up here.
I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the nice sized white oak, may slab it out where it lies, much time to think about that one though.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 11.00.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.37.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 11.00.43 PM.png

Never a dull moment unless we make it that way, looks like you made something out of it :cheers:.
I was thinking of you today, went to my parents to drop a couple leaning cherry trees :surprised3:.
All went well so I didn't have any new learning experiences, this time lol.
Got a nice pile going over there and I know there's at least one more tree I need to get down for them that's leaning into another from the wind we had up here.
I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with the nice sized white oak, may slab it out where it lies, much time to think about that one though.

View attachment 767128 View attachment 767129 View attachment 767130

I definitely need a way to get my pull rope higher up in the tree. I have at least 5 more that need to be pulled or I'm going to hire someone. Sometimes I think I'm getting to old for this.

I definitely need a way to get my pull rope higher up in the tree. I have at least 5 more that need to be pulled or I'm going to hire someone. Sometimes I think I'm getting to old for this.
Big shot as @Jwilliams said. I just used a ladder on the first one, then the second I shot a throwline/throwball through the crotch (second try:happy:). Then I pulled my rope up and used that to pull my winch cable up and back down to just above where I cut it.
You could place an ad on here looking for another member in the area to help you out. Someone has to be up your way and have all the basic equipment and be willing to help getting them laid out for you.

Damnit...

AaUaM8S.jpg
I hate when that happens.
Looks like you could use a firewood lean-to

Today's production. Only took 5 hrs. Counting the time waiting on tow truck to pick up trailer and truck when it broke down on way to pick up more wood.View attachment 767539
The joys of a wood boiler is I don’t have to split small this took me one tank of gas in the splitter and maybe two hrs worth of work. Which includes driving from field to shed with Polaris ranger bed loaded which took a couple of trips.

Attachments

• C57EF3BA-585D-4613-AE20-E5202B6B5D20.jpeg
    C57EF3BA-585D-4613-AE20-E5202B6B5D20.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
no 'cut it, split it, stack it' for heat all winter long pix... but, none the less still oak falling into my lap. one huge oak tree came down week or so back, 2 day job for the arborist crew. city wont pick up huge piles. it was a huge pile. I felt sure I could pick n choose at my leisure. nope, city picked it all up next day! :cry: enoff oak to make my back yard my wood pile! lol...

still, as it is... under arm, carry in's work just fine for me. cost? bit wear n tear to my shoe soles... this headed to wood pile today, camp fire fodder. winter? couple cords in reserve...

oak drop. good for a few hours campfires... kitchen wood and bit more
P4010003.JPG

Reinela, Still haven't come up with the name, but this was over 40 years ago. Many of us who got a college education did not stay in small towns where we grew up. But I am thinking it was a Dutch or German sounding last name. One that wants to come to mind is Klokkenga, but a low level of certainty.

Emden is close to Lincoln, am I right about that at least? On 136?

abbott 295

The rain held off long enough for me to split and stack two face cord.

I did a count of how much stacked firewood we have in inventory and came up with just over 56 face cord with another three or four that needs stacking. I have one area left that is open which can hold another 12 face cord, I'm hoping to get another eight face cord of ash before the snow gets deep.

Attachments

• 101_9729.JPG
    101_9729.JPG
    600.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 101_9730.JPG
    101_9730.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 101_9732.JPG
    101_9732.JPG
    468.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 101_9733.JPG
    101_9733.JPG