Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the start of the day on Thursday. Can't let a sunny day go by shopping when I can have fun splitting.
20200423_104419.jpg20200423_111930_HDR.jpg
Six or seven rounds like these fill my trailer in no time. There's still more like these in the stack but I'm cutting it down slowly. I can sit on my stump, turn on my bluetooth headset and enjoy some tunes while the neighbors point at the old man singing Beatles songs.

@djones
I have the same splitter...it basically can split anything I throw its way. If that engine fails, don't be afraid to use one of those Predator engines.
Glad to see someone else burning pine.
That is the second motor. I bought it used and the 8hp motor was damaged so I put a 5 1/2 B&S on it and it's done me good. The motor came off a water pump and was a perfect fit. I have about 7 cord split and stacked and about that much more to block up and split of just pine. Maybe 3 cord of hardwood to split yet to fill the wood shed.

When you have to resize all of your already split wood to fit the new stove....

431d4f0adef8a1ae5a089d62086f3db2.jpg

@djones
I have the same splitter...it basically can split anything I throw its way. If that engine fails, don't be afraid to use one of those Predator engines.
Glad to see someone else burning pine.
I have a Northern Tool chinese clone engine on my SS now. Paid $89 for it a year ago. Changed the oil once and felt dirty doing that. Like to see an American manufacturer produce the same as I' prefer to keep my dollar here.

Another pile I have going. It's comprised of 1 noble fir tree, two sitka spruce trees and a couple of ash limbs on top.
The right side is lobsided because of odd length pieces.

100_0626.JPG

100_0627.JPG

These are the bottom pieces of the spruce. Splitting these is a pain because they were growing right on the edge of the forest and have a lot of big included branches. I think I will have to put them through the splitter.

100_0628.JPG

100_0629.JPG

This beech should've been stacked days ago so today I got off my lazy arse and stacked four loads. With what is left in the woods, I'm thinking we'll get our two face cord if not more.

Before I started on the beech I checked the fluid levels on the 4540 and all were good. I used the tractor to move some chips that were used to level off an area that will hold two face cord of ash once I get it split.

Attachments

• 104_0255.JPG
    104_0255.JPG
    448.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 104_0256.JPG
    104_0256.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 104_0258.JPG
    104_0258.JPG
    444 KB · Views: 11
  • 104_0259.JPG
    104_0259.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 104_0260.JPG
    104_0260.JPG
    450.9 KB · Views: 11
This beech should've been stacked days ago so today I got off my lazy arse and stacked four loads. With what is left in the woods, I'm thinking we'll get our two face cord if not more.

Before I started on the beech I checked the fluid levels on the 4540 and all were good. I used the tractor to move some chips that were used to level off an area that will hold two face cord of ash once I get it split.
Looks good

Latest posts

Back