Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We lay out a row of pallets about 20’ wide and build a wall on both edges. Then we dump firewood onto the pallets from the end and over the wall until full.
Lay out another row of pallets and repeat. 20’ wide, 6-8’ tall, and just keeps getting longer. From the road, it looks like it is all stacked :)
from here, too! lotta wood!! :yes:

Pitch pine and some nice buckskin larch rounds from the Pacific Northwest. These pine stumps are scattered around a logging job I am working on. They appear to have been cut 100+ years ago and burned sometime after that. No one seems to have any interest in them except me. My dad told stories about giving pitch pine to the cooks in the logging camps long ago. Called it Tradin Wood.

Attachments

• Pitch 1.jpg
    Pitch 1.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Pitch Slabs * Saws (1).jpg
    Pitch Slabs * Saws (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Won a photo contest with a picture of my JD in snow this year and finally cashed in my gift certificate:

IMG_9191.jpg

I am a tool user, not a tool researcher or collector. Based on labeling, this is a product of the EU, but I do not know who Stihl sources them from. I was tired of wailing away with my undersized Fiskars hatchet on felling wedges. This will impose my will on them better. And, be a limbing tool too. I'll look for a sheath to protect it while moving around.

Won a photo contest with a picture of my JD in snow this year and finally cashed in my gift certificate:

View attachment 899816

I am a tool user, not a tool researcher or collector. Based on labeling, this is a product of the EU, but I do not know who Stihl sources them from. I was tired of wailing away with my undersized Fiskars hatchet on felling wedges. This will impose my will on them better. And, be a limbing tool too. I'll look for a sheath to protect it while moving around.
Sharp tool and great photo

Back