Post your 2 series Husky thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steven.
I take what many say with a grain of salt, but am listening carefully to what your saying :yes:.
I thought that's why you were supposed to take your left hand off till the saw finished falling thru the wood :laugh:.
I am surprised on one hand in regards to the vibes, but knowing what I do about the huskys I've ran vs the stihls the huskys win hands down for smoothness. I have never ran a 661, but my 441c-m was silky smooth and the 576 is smoother from what others have said. I had a 575 that was very smooth also, but there was a lot of time in between.
Were the chains similar as a different/more aggressive grind can make a huge difference.
I will say that at Randy's gtg the best sounding saw was the 288 he had ported for @Magic_Man, I was walking over to see what was going on as soon as I heard it:chainsaw:. The coolest was the big echo 1201 that vibrated the ground when it was started for the very first time about 10-15' away, both made me :D.

Ive gotten spoiled on Husq springs. The performance of the 064 is undeniable, but the vibes were a nuisance. I love a hopped up 044 or 440. I have a hybrid that I really really enjoy running. But once you get into the 85cc bracket and up ported, the vibes to me were very evident. I haven't had a ported 661 yet, I sold my brand new 661 last fall so I could insulate my mom and dad's attic, but from what I remember- the 661 was very smooth. Personally, Id pass on a 64, 650, 0r 660 at this point and go with a 661. The money you spend on a mint 064 is right there with a brand new 661.

Ive gotten spoiled on Husq springs. The performance of the 064 is undeniable, but the vibes were a nuisance. I love a hopped up 044 or 440. I have a hybrid that I really really enjoy running. But once you get into the 85cc bracket and up ported, the vibes to me were very evident. I haven't had a ported 661 yet, I sold my brand new 661 last fall so I could insulate my mom and dad's attic, but from what I remember- the 661 was very smooth. Personally, Id pass on a 64, 650, 0r 660 at this point and go with a 661. The money you spend on a mint 064 is right there with a brand new 661.
I hear all that loud and clear.

Ok, back to the huskys.
Here's the 272 I sold this fall, didn't want to, but how many non project 70cc saws should a guy really have. 3 or 4 seems to be a good number for me right now. The guy I sold it to may bring it back by as he's decided not to sell firewood anymore , I won't argue as it's hard to find a clean one.
20161028_153019.jpg 20161028_153036.jpg

Wow that is a beauty. Cleanest one I have seen. Is is a older Sweden saw or Brazil?
Swedish saw.
Here's a few more after a quick cleaning.
What amazes me is how good this saw looks after yrs of firewood cutting. This saw was used to cut for an outdoor boiler for a good portion of its life and for a wood burner the first portion. The guy I bought it from said he bought it off the original owner. He used it quite a bit, but is particular with his tools.20160921_124053.jpg20160921_124136.jpg20160921_124201.jpg20160921_124251.jpg20160921_124311.jpg

incredible
If you want it tell me how much and I'll tell him. The guy that bought it is not a collector, just cuts firewood too and takes good care of things. He said he hadn't used it a lot this fall. I think he only sold 30 cord this year and he doesn't let saws ride in the back of the truck. I sold him a saw last spring and this one this fall, he's a very nice guy to work with. I've tried to get him over here, but he doesn't have the time.

Hopefully your friends 346 is ported that it matches or there is something wrong with the 254. My 254 has no problem keeping up with a stock 346oe or ne and it has no mods. It's also one of my favorite saws out of all of them and gets a good amount of use.View attachment 549483

Surely a 254 should beat any 346 if both are stock - unless the wood is very small.

Thanks Marshy.
It would need to be one that was never fired or have a substantial amount of cash with it.
Maybe this will speak better to the condition.View attachment 549560View attachment 549561View attachment 549562
As much as I want one, I would not be willing to pay a premium. Besides, I don't think I will come across another 298xp as nice as the one I have. I think there is a higher chance to find a nice 2100 than another 298. You just don't see many around. You have a nice 288 but some of the fasteners are corroding. :crazy2: Those shelf queens are too much work. :surprised3:;)

As much as I want one, I would not be willing to pay a premium. Besides, I don't think I will come across another 298xp as nice as the one I have. I think there is a higher chance to find a nice 2100 than another 298. You just don't see many around. You have a nice 288 but some of the fasteners are corroding. :crazy2: Those shelf queens are too much work. :surprised3:;)
I think I saw picture of your 298 on another forum Wade, long time ago though :)
And if I remember correct it's a beautiful 298 also

Thanks Tor! I would like to add a 266xp one day.

I know there's a guy on eBay making decals for husky saws. I got one for my 285 from him and have him dimensions for the 298 sticker. I'm sure he could make one for your 242 if your interested.

So here is some pics.
254 ugly as all get out, just got new seals runs like a top, believe it was used commercially b4 I got it , gonna gift it to the son in law for his ATV.
Flea market 288, have not touched it since purchase, runs good need to be gone over.
Missing is my $5 dump saw 268, received a new piston kit and seals, I like that saw.
The boxes are full ox 2 series parts, mostly plastics. What aint plasitc aint good.
BBB
2series1.jpg 2series2.jpg

Thanks Tor! I would like to add a 266xp one day.

I know there's a guy on eBay making decals for husky saws. I got one for my 285 from him and have him dimensions for the 298 sticker. I'm sure he could make one for your 242 if your interested.
Yes please, I would love to get a link to his ebay shop Wade.
Lack 242G, 2×254G and 266XPG decor

Latest posts

Back