Potato patch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
question amberg... where did u get the pizza other nite? when u had cukes with it?.... sine you don't like it (too much) and it got relocated to refer and cukes were gone?.... hope u had more than the cukes for dinner....?

" Digiorno " Frozen pizza from food lion.:surprised3: Yes a Mater sandmich!!

We finally got the tater patch mowed over today BL. Next job is plowing them out.

Attachments

• 2013-03-12 001 001.JPG
    2013-03-12 001 001.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 17
We did the big dig today, A few pics from start to finish, and the end results. It just about did us both in. The helper done 90% of the picking up and he is 74 years old, he is a tough old bird. He was starving when we got through, so I fed him mater sandwiches and cukes in vinegar with a beer for lunch then he was happy. There was one more box that was not in the pictures.

Attachments

• 2013-03-04 001 015.JPG
    2013-03-04 001 015.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 2013-03-14 001 001.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 2013-03-14 001 002.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 36
  • 2013-03-14 001 004.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • 2013-03-14 001 005.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 005.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 2013-03-14 001 006.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 006.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • 2013-03-14 001 009.JPG
    2013-03-14 001 009.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 26
We did the big dig today, A few pics from start to finish, and the end results. It just about did us both in. The helper done 90% of the picking up and he is 74 years old, he is a tough old bird. He was starving when we got through, so I fed him mater sandwiches and cukes in vinegar with a beer for lunch then he was happy. There was one more box that was not in the pictures.

great show there, amberg! :) you got quite a lot! what will u do with them all, I mean... can't just fry the lot and eat a lot! lol... thanks for mention u had these here. and ur lil new camera case is evident... and so I guess u r keeping new camera clean and happy! :)

Potato Postcards from AmBerg's farm and ranch. :D

great show there, amberg! :) you got quite a lot! what will u do with them all, I mean... can't just fry the lot and eat a lot! lol... thanks for mention u had these here. and ur lil new camera case is evident... and so I guess u r keeping new camera clean and happy! :)

Potato Postcards from AmBerg's farm and ranch. :D
We are not sure where we are going to put them as of yet. Knock on wood I haven't mashed it up yet. :eek:

Couple sweet potatoes, the giant ones the wife does not like, Said not even very good for sweet tater pie!

Attachments

• 100_0924.JPG
    100_0924.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • 100_0925.JPG
    100_0925.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 100_0926.JPG
    100_0926.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Late to get to this thread.

I did about 100 plants from leftover sprouts in the root cellar. Mix of various reds and whites I've been growing years. Can't put them in here until late May. All did well until we had bad dryness/drought conditions twice over the summer. Watered them heavy. 2nd dry spell we also go colorado bettles. Took a while to eradicate the beetles by hand picking and BT sprays. The 2nd drought and the beetles really slowed down development of the tubers.

I let all the tops die off and harvested 3rd week of Sept.

I put them all out in the sun a few days to dry, then into the root cellar in paper shopping bags. Important to dry them and cull any cut/bad ones. The paper bags let them breath and also block out any light.

Not a great year but will get me through the winter and seed for next year.

Late to get to this thread.

I did about 100 plants from leftover sprouts in the root cellar. Mix of various reds and whites I've been growing years. Can't put them in here until late May. All did well until we had bad dryness/drought conditions twice over the summer. Watered them heavy. 2nd dry spell we also go colorado bettles. Took a while to eradicate the beetles by hand picking and BT sprays. The 2nd drought and the beetles really slowed down development of the tubers.

I let all the tops die off and harvested 3rd week of Sept.

I put them all out in the sun a few days to dry, then into the root cellar in paper shopping bags. Important to dry them and cull any cut/bad ones. The paper bags let them breath and also block out any light.

Not a great year but will get me through the winter and seed for next year.

Your doing better than I did. My potatoes were very small and not many of them. I think I only planted 5lbs and got back about twice that. :(

It was really dry and hot here. Despite my irrigation efforts I don't think they had enough water.

image.jpg
Taters do need lots of water and LOTS of fertilize. More than even corn and tomatoes. I think I failed to take any garden pictures. I'm a farmer so I typically have a very nice garden. Only one I could find maters n peppers are shown. Didn't fool with taters this year as some of my neighbors had Field taters they hook me up. Hope this is acceptable to add to amberg thread

View attachment 540757 Taters do need lots of water and LOTS of fertilize. More than even corn and tomatoes. I think I failed to take any garden pictures. I'm a farmer so I typically have a very nice garden. Only one I could find maters n peppers are shown. Didn't fool with taters this year as some of my neighbors had Field taters they hook me up. Hope this is acceptable to add to amberg thread

Looks damn good to me, I like pictures of gardens and fields etc. Looks like a good corn field there to me also, would that be yours? Typical Delaware field I think. How close to Dagsboro or Millsville?

You know I like farming pics!!

charlie

I'm just north of there amberg near harrington

Drove My first axiel flow 1460 up their about 1982 on a farm owned by a man named George Rainy I think, ( not to sure of the name ) It was a pleasure to run compared to my old gleaner G. Also new a man named Richard West who had chicken houses and did a lot of farming back then.

Back