Poulan 2150 fuel lines.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought the two line kit to replace thre lines on the 2150. No problem till time to install the fuel pick up line. the second line the smaller of the two to go thru that tiny fuel hole is to small can stand back and throw the line in the hole like a car thru a garage door.

Is a feasable to just go ahead and install that small line and either use some type of fuel compatable caulk or hot melt glue to stop any leaks?

Or should I start trveling with my calipers to find the right size fuel line.

What I had bought is the two line different size kit to do the replaceing.

:D Al

Supposed to have a barbed fitting to connect the two lines with. You install the fitting in the big line and pull it through the tank to seal the hole. Then the small line in the tank connects to the fitting. Dumb design. Do as driver suggested.

Steve Sidwell

There was a double barb fitting but it was on the primer return side.

So I should drill out the fuel suctionline hole and do away with the little bity hose.

There was a double barb fitting but it was on the primer return side.

So I should drill out the fuel suctionline hole and do away with the little bity hose.

Have the Stihl or Echo line in hand and choose a drill bit just a touch smaller (1/64” ?).

The hose barb deal will still work as the line is thicker wall. [emoji106]

Do you know the 1/64th drill bit is so small you nearly have to special order to get one?
1/64 is smaller than 1/16th which is pretty small also.

I have refurbished quite a few of that series of Poulan saws. I also typically do what what recommended earlier in this tread.

The fuel line from the tank to the carburetor is the smaller diameter line. I enlarge the hole in the top of the fuel tank through which that line feeds with an appropriate drill bit, and replace the line with 3/32" Inner diameter 3/16" outer diameter Tygon fuel line. In order to get a leak-tight fit of the line through the tank, I use a 11/64" drill bit as scottr recommended above. I don't reuse a barb at the point the fuel line goes through the tank, I just install a single length of fuel line all the way from the carburetor nipple, through the fuel tank, and into the tank with the fuel pickup/filter at the end. I would guess the total length of that hose ends up being around 9".

Yes that is what I did but didn't want some one reading this thread later and wondering where to get a hose so small it only needed a 1/64 drill bit.

Back