Poulan 2700/2800 crank seal replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

some old guy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a new crank seal over the oiler screw on the clutch side of the crank on a Poulan 2700/2800/3000? I had to wreck the old one getting it out and don't want to wreck the new one (flywheel side was easy). I have looked everywhere online - nothing about seal replacement for this series of saws.

I posted this in the 'Poulan thread' but am not too familiar with this site. It looks like it stuck the post in the middle of the thread and so I don't know if anyone will see it.

Does anyone know how to get a new crank seal over the oiler screw on the clutch side of the crank on a Poulan 2700/2800/3000? I had to wreck the old one getting it out and don't want to wreck the new one (flywheel side was easy). I have looked everywhere online - nothing about seal replacement for this series of saws.

I posted this in the 'Poulan thread' but am not too familiar with this site. It looks like it stuck the post in the middle of the thread and so I don't know if anyone will see it.
It will end up being posted at the "end" of the thread where the regular users will see it, and hopefully answer shortly. The guys in that thread know their stuff so someone should be able to help you.

You have to pull the worm gear first...

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/members/jeremiahjohnson.81900/ answered the same in the 'Poulan thread'.

The problem I had was that the worm gear looks forged on the crank when looking at it - so I never considered that it can be removed and so never found an answer online 'cause I wasn't asking the right questions ('how to remove worm gear on Poulan). I was searching on how to replace seals on a Poulan. Ignorance isn't always blissful - sometimes it's pretty frustrating.

Anyhow - thanks for the reply. I found and watched a vid on how to remove and I'm going to get a tool off ebay.

Back