poulan 2900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapper

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anybody got one of these saws? I picked up an older used one cheap. Seems to run good and cut good. has a 2.8ci motor, and a 20" bar. Few things i have niticed on this saw, one they aint got his model no more. The air filter is a husqvarna, is the same one as in a book for a 36/41 husky. And it gots that little duct that brings air from the flywheel overto the carb. Same design as i see on husky site. So could this saw be part husky?? Second any expierence with this saw? And third, what would be a good size bar to put on to make best use of this??

It probably is a no-chrome cylinder version of the 36/41. The outsides of the saws are probably about the same.

I would run .325 chain and a 16" bar on that saw, maybe 14" depending on what other saws are in your arsenal

A few years ago I cooked one after about 10 cords. It wasn't a bad saw for the money I paid, just doesn't even compare to a pro quality saw.

Back