Poulan 3314 winter project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started out running 14” bar but generally run 16-18” bars on my Poulan 42cc saws now. I like the extra reach/less bending over.

Why would you want to slow the saw down by adding .325 chain to it? The 42cc saws will be really slow with .325 on them.
I ran a jonsred 2238 or something like that which was actually a 42cc poulan for years. I much prefer my Chinese joncutter 5800, its a pound or two heavier but much better in every other way.
The poulan either started good or cut good you couldn't have both, the carb was super fussy and needed constant adjustment.
I've heard some guys claim once you gut the muffler and tune them they're good saws, but mine wasn't, I know a bunch of guys that have them and theirs don't run good either.

I disagree, a narrow kerf .325 in 18” will work on a modded poulan, I’m sure of it. Your friends poulans haven’t been in our hands for a week for “restructuring”

If you happen to have a .325 drum I’ll show you ;)

Same guy came to work to day with a poulan box. I asked what was in it he said for 20 bucks I could have it. So I laughed and handed him 20 bucks and inside was a new remanufactured 3314 the new style he didn't even put the bar on yet. I was looking at it tonight next to the older models I looks like it has a better antivibe handle and some of the plastic is different but other than that same saw

Back