Poulan 3700 oil mix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamT1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I ordered a 3700 the other day. It looks like a nice specimen but I haven’t received it.
I run stihl 50:1 oil with ethenol free 91 (maybe not sure how much regular is in the hose) in all my other stuff.
Is this OK in the Poulan or does it need a dash of oil added?

I’ll probably run the thing as a work saw for a bit just for nostalgia sake so we’re not talking a tank or 2, more like run the crap out of it.

Probably do so mods to it too soon!

Ooooooh ya!
aa8d97c0ab479e60eacdaffb65e3f560.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about advancing the timing 3*, base gasket delete, widen the intake and exhaust ports, muffler and some new rings?

If you're going to open it up why not but the poulan boys say don't touch the timing as there's no real gain and it will break the starter pully. Also clean up the carb adapter/intake manifold as there's a sharp bend and some flashing. I did rings and bearings 4000 style muffler side port and gasket delete and it's a great saw nice anti vibe too never touched the ports as the 4000 cylinder is to valuable/hen's teeth to screw up

If you're going to open it up why not but the poulan boys say don't touch the timing as there's no real gain and it will break the starter pully. Also clean up the carb adapter/intake manifold as there's a sharp bend and some flashing. I did rings and bearings 4000 style muffler side port and gasket delete and it's a great saw nice anti vibe too never touched the ports as the 4000 cylinder is to valuable/hen's teeth to screw up
Yea I saw a jacked up one on eBay that’s heading up over $50 that’s nuts for a 4000 cylinder with issues. What’s sad is we used to have 2 4000’s in the barn that we’re worn out that I suspect got sent to the junk yard .

On Ebay people would pay silly money for a Canadian one a regular green can go for a fair bit now too I payed 175nz for mine i was on the fence about it for that much until a guy on here schooled me up on them he's in Canada and looked for two years to get his orange version

Came in yellow(skill) also. The canadien ones have chain brakes also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favorites as I have sold six 4000 on Ebay through the years and about as many 3700. I wish I had a couple of the 4000 back. What always scared me on those, as everyone I had even the low hours one, had a little up and down play in the crank bearings. That must be normal as you can run them many years even with abuse and it is not a problem apparently.

Back