Poulan 3700 oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
From what I've researched, the automatic oiler on the Poulan Counter Vibe 3700 is an impulse oiler (diaphragm type oiler).
Is there any way to increase the flow on this saws automatic oiler? Any adjuster screw?

From what I've researched, the automatic oiler on the Poulan Counter Vibe 3700 is an impulse oiler (diaphragm type oiler).
Is there any way to increase the flow on this saws automatic oiler? Any adjuster screw?

Unfortunately no. A few earlier 3400’s did have an adjustable Oiler but they didn’t work very well. Your best bet is to use the manual oiler in conjunction with the auto Oiler.

Rebuilding those pumps will go a long ways to improving the flow. The diaphragms get stiff and the original pickup lines will soften/collapse and often develop pin holes and/or cracks. New diaphrams can bet found or cut from stock nitrile sheet. Tygon can be used for the pickup line. The pumps have a series of spring/ball checks. Soak in hot soapy water helps loosen things up. Blast with WD-40 through the channels.

When healthy, the pumps will spray a decent line of oil from a 20" bar.

I've a couple earlier ones that had the short-lived adjuster screw. It only functioned as a gate valve to limit the flow on the pump, not to increase.

Back