Poulan 3700 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So I'm working on a 3700 and replaced the cylinder gasket, isolator gasket and carb base gasket along with the OEM carb kit and new fuel lines.
Problem is that no matter where I set the needles it will idle roughly and not accelerate at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You have a fuel problem,it's not getting enough. Check the fuel filter isn't plugged fueul line is ok,then most likely a carb problem,old diaphrgams. Put a new fuel filter in it ,the a new carb kit,find advice to put the kit in,could be a million other things,but these are most likely.

Its been over 30 years since I was a dealer,but that is a fuel supply problem,I think they had the HDC,which was tempermental,in fact the high speed nozzle on them had a replaceable disc in them for the hi-speed circuit,it could become gooey and stick and not allow any hi speed fuel. In fact the Walbro tool kit had a special tool just to pull the hi=speed nozzle and replace the check-valve disc inside,a special little slide hammer made just for that,nothing else. The kits came with a tiny little disc that most people never noticed,just a tiny little disc,maybe 4-5 mm,you would never even see it in the kit.
I'll bet that's what it is,a glued disc in his carb,not allowing any hi-speed fuel. I saw it before many times...

Back