Poulan 5200, 6900, 7700 and 8500 engine specs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba Stump

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got my first Poulan Countervibe saw a couple days ago. I started tearing it down today to see what I was going to have to replace. I thought it was just going to need new rings and a light hone on the cylinder but it turned out to be scored in three places. The scoring was not super horrible but I don't want to spend a lot of time and money on the saw if I am not going to have good compression. I tried to research info on the engine specs but all I could find was that it was 85cc and Poulan did not make their own saws any bigger. Was wondering if this was true. I can't find a NOS 5200 cylinder but I might be able to get a 7700 cylinder. Is the 7700 cylinder the same size bore as a 5200 and can I use it for my 5200 rebuild? Any help from the Poulan experts on here would be much appreciated.

The poulan 7700 will fit on the saw case but it is not 5200 size. You will need to find the cylinder and piston for whatever one you want. Do not hone the cylinder, the chrome isn't very thick, the rings will seat on their own.

Back