• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Poulan 5200 for sale or need a couple parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBMartin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Not sure if I want to sell this or fix it up to keep and use.
Came across this saw the other day.
I was sure I would find the top cover and only have to worry about an air filter in some accompanying boxes.
But, I did not.
So, I got it home and cleaned the carb intake, put some fuel in it and a little bit of bar oil and tried it.
It fired right up and cuts great, only ran it through a 4 inch post, then shut it down.
It has a 20" bar from the front of the case to tip that is approximately 3 wide on the rails.
From searching, this would seem to be the place to trade or get parts for it.
Kill switch works, but the throttle lock did not seem to, maybe just needs cleaned.

Long story short, I really don't need a saw like this.
If you want to make me offers, pm them and I will take the best one in a reasonable amount of time.

If the offers aren't what I would like, I would like to get parts for it and use it.

I know I just signed up and it would seem some people have gotten burned on purchases here.
So, my deal would be to get enough to cover packing and shipping to wherever the money will ship it.
Upon satisfaction of the buyer, I would expect to get paid for the offer.

I would really like to do it around the Greeley, CO area face to face.

I could run it and take a video if anyone wants.

PM me....

Thanks!

JBM

using an old laptop, so can't preview pics....Poulan1.jpg Poulan2.jpg Poulan3.jpg Poulan4.jpg Poulan5.jpg Poulan6.jpg

Attachments

• Poulan7.jpg
    Poulan7.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 73
You ever make it to Longmont? I have someone there who could meet you to do the exchange. He is a dispatcher for the police department to allay any concerns you may have...

Had some questions as to compression and what the piston was like. So here are the results.

image.jpg image.jpg

I did three comp readings and they were all the same. As you can see, I haven't done much else. If I can get someone to video it starting and running I will. Tried by myself and no luck. Starts cold with one full coke pull and then a choke off full throttle pull. Recoil works fine.

JBM

Dangit. Somebody that doesn't already have a big CounterVibe...................but has been wanting one (or wondering what the fuss is about) for a while please make this guy an offer. You "I've been wanting a 5200 for a while but can't find one for reasonable money" guys have a week before I get paid again and make this fellow a reasonable offer for it (or less time if GuidoSalvage the CounterVibe hoarder up and buys it). Better poop or get off the pot boys. I have a spare top cover and filter to use on the saw. Now if the seller thinks he has a $3oo saw here (as it sits now) then he'll be sitting on it for a while....

To the seller:

If you end up keeping it.............please replace the crank seals and treat this saw right. Come to think of it...........this applies to whoever buys the saw as well. 530019075 is the Poulan # for the seals (same on both sides). SKF 6904 is the 'generic' equivelant. I've had too much brown liquor (long week is finally over) to remember the National/Timken # for this seal right now. The SKF # will get you there with some searching.................or PM me sometime later for it if you still need the number.....

I have enough Countervibes for the moment and used my saw money this week to pick this up.

image.jpg

Almost 85 cc's, but I only have 3 of them (plus 2 XL 98 chops saws) as opposed to a couple dozen 4200 or larger Poulans.

Thanks for the replies. I'm getting some decent offers pm'd. I will probably take them until Monday morning and then ship to whoever is best. My internet is kind of problematic but I will try to get back to each message.

It has been brought to my attention that there is a broken piece on the case.
Without a top cover, I did not notice that there must be a cover mounting "tab" that is missing on the back left side.
Tried to get a better picture of it.
So, if he still wants it, the guy that pointed this out is at $85 shipped no bar/chain for parts.
But will take any offers until Monday morning.

Poulan10.jpeg

Good post Eccentric, somebody needs to grab this up who doesn't have one but wants one. P/C look great and a few parts and you'd have a good saw.

Pm incoming,

Little derail, but is this the poulan equivalent to the sxl925?

Thank you

Got some good offers going... Will have better internet at work in the mornin... Will get back with the best offer by noon....JBM

Sorry, been off grid for a while.
Then, is this site always down on Monday mornings? That's when I have good broadband at work......

But anyhow if anyone else wants to make an offer it would have to be $225 or better plus shipping.....

JBM

Sold/traded.
Got a 6000 Countervibe just by coincidence....
Any interest?

JBM

Back