Poulan 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sty57

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Got my 5200 out of the shed.
I got it years ago at a yard sale, and was my primary saw for a few years.
Then I got some newer saws and it just sat unloved, but now I think this will be a good winter project.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk

e2unebyp.jpg
ysutydas.jpg

Yes I did love running it. It has been about six or seven years since I had it out. So it will need a little TLC.

I have sold off most of my 3400-4000 saws, but I too would love to have a 5200-8500.

When I got this one I had known idea what it was, had just got married and was in need of cheap saw to heat the house with. I think I paid $20 for it.

I need to line all of them up and get a new picture as I talked with a member lat night about sending one down the road.

The Big Green Meanie lives.
Put a kit in the carb, new lines and duckbill. Took about fifteen pulls and it came to life.
Now to work on the air filter and take it out and see how it runs.

So I have a few questions.
Does anyone know off the top of there head a part number for available Crank Seals and Piston Ring?
Piston and Ring look good. Blew 155-160 Psi. don't know what they should be at.
I have not done a Vac test yet as I know it starts and Idles good.
If I am going to play around with it I would rather be safe then sorry.
Thanks

Sounds good. Sold my 5200 a year or so ago. Still have a 4200 and a Pp655 BP. Unfortunately I'll never use them. Thinking of moving them on as well.

Why not use them? Do you have better saws in that class, or just no need for larger saws?

So I have a few questions.
Does anyone know off the top of there head a part number for available Crank Seals and Piston Ring?
Piston and Ring look good. Blew 155-160 Psi. don't know what they should be at.
I have not done a Vac test yet as I know it starts and Idles good.
If I am going to play around with it I would rather be safe then sorry.
Thanks
I believe I have a ring somewhere. Bought it when I had my 5200 but never installed it. No more 5200 so I don't need the ring. I'll look for it if you want it.

Back