• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Poulan 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spanky2107

Reaction score
Would like to purchase a Poulan 5200. Had mine stolen out of garage last month. Sentimental to it since it was my father's and would like to replace it if I can. No luck at finding the stolen one so far. Working condition if possible but willing to source a few parts if needed. Would consider 5400 or 8500 possibly.
Thanks

Sorry to hear that. It makes you sad knowing people just don't care about others. I would help if I could but I only have a 3400 and 2300. Good luck and I'll try and keep an eye out for you

Appreciate it Lonestar. Yeah I remember that saw and working with dad as one of my earliest memories. Got some 306a's and maybe 245a I would be willing to trade towards the 5200. Hope I can replace it.

If I can afford it and you don't see a future need for it I would be willing to talk to you and maybe work something out.

I have a 5200. I never figured on selling it but the reason would be right
I doubt that there is any other forum that has such an unbelievable bunch of people who will look out and help a complete stranger. Bill G is one great example of this. Did he have to speak up and offer a saw that he intended to keep? NO, but he did and as silly as this sounds, it means a lot to of us on this forum who share a common interest in chainsaws. (as silly as some find it who couldn't operate an electric toothbrush).

Well I know what it is like to get something stolen let alone something that truly means something to you. Material possessions are just that material possessions but their are some that have a sentimental value that you cannot put a price on. I remember the first saw I ever ran with my father just like the first tractor, the first truck and the list goes on. I own NONE of them now. Maybe that is why I am such a hoarder now

And with this I will now never sell my husky or Stihl 391. First saw I ever owned was the husky and showed my boys how to operate. Gotta have something special for them. I've been meaning to build a special place to keep them concealed from thieves anyways.

Works out too because they each already told me which saw is theirs. And they are only 3 and 2 lol

Funny my son was 9 and I had my first "big saw", 455 rancher (ok, i thought it was big) and I got an ms441 and he said "dad can I have the orange one". I sold it but now he can have, 2x 262xp's , 357xp, 576xp. Oh and the 441, poulon 2000, stihl pole saw and a bnib cs330t. Lol

It is completely different but yesterday I went looking at a chipper. Now it was a heck of a lot worse model than the three I had previously that I sold that I wished I would have never sold. I have sold hundreds of saws over the years and there is one that stands out that I should have never sold

Yeh my 3 year old claimed my 450 Rancher(yeh yeh lets not pull out the measuring tape your 455 is bigger lol) and my 2 year old who was 1 at the time claimed the ms391. Hopefully by the time they are older I'll have a better selection but after hearing the stories briefly on here i want to keep them both just for the sake of conversation and I'm a sappy guy lol.

Right now they both have the battery powered kids Stihl saws...which are in my profile picture next to my 391.

It is completely different but yesterday I went looking at a chipper. Now it was a heck of a lot worse model than the three I had previously that I sold that I wished I would have never sold. I have sold hundreds of saws over the years and there is one that stands out that I should have never sold

And what is that?

Ouch! I don't know a ton about them off hand but quick searches show me it is s cool saw. I'd like to have one for fun

Alright guys gotta get some rest. Spanks, I hope you and bill work it out. I'll be back on in the morning. Keep this sappy guy in the loop lol

I have more but there is no way I should have sold that saw. I sold a bunch of Mac BP-1's also but do not really regret those. They went to a great guy that honestly gave them a better home than I would have. What does bother me is the guy trying to sell one now claiming there are only 13 to be known in existence. I guess he has never came to saw shows then

I saw that on the bay just last night. it sounds like a little too much money, at least for me, but I'm just a lowly mechanic

I have more but there is no way I should have sold that saw. I sold a bunch of Mac BP-1's also but do not really regret those. They went to a great guy that honestly gave them a better home than I would have. What does bother me is the guy trying to sell one now claiming there are only 13 to be known in existence. I guess he has never came to saw shows then

Whoa...whoa...whoa... there are saw shows?! I'm newer to the saw world. I don't see my wife as liking this discovery though.

Would like to purchase a Poulan 5200. Had mine stolen out of garage last month. Sentimental to it since it was my father's and would like to replace it if I can. No luck at finding the stolen one so far. Working condition if possible but willing to source a few parts if needed. Would consider 5400 or 8500 possibly.
Thanks
There's just a hell hot enough for saw theif. Like cattle rustling, it otta be a hanging offense.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Back