• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan/Craftsman Counter Vibe 3700. Very Clean.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I finally decided to sell my 61cc Poulan/Craftsman Counter Vibe 3700 along with hardcase for $100 + shipping. Might trade it for a Poulan Counter Vibe 4000, John Deere 70V, or Husqvarna product. The saw is amazingly clean and very low hours.

Always allow me a few days to respond.

I got it from the original owner who is a musician. He bought it new and used it lightly around his 2 acre suburban home. Then one day he accidentally put guide bar oil in the fuel tank and tried to start it. It ran until it used up the pre-mix in the fuel line and carb then stalled. It then sat for many years in his garage. When he learned I collect saws, he called me up and said he wanted to get rid of it because he felt he had ruined the engine.:D

I purchased the saw, then inspected the piston which is flawless, then installed a carb kit, new fuel line, new fuel filter, and new air filter.
It basically runs like a brand new saw, and has powerful crisp throttle response.

Attachments

• DSC01505.JPG
    DSC01505.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01477.JPG
    DSC01477.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC02168.JPG
    DSC02168.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02174.JPG
    DSC02174.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC02201.JPG
    DSC02201.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 55
I think its a thin ring... didn't really make a mental note of it.
I looked up 3.7 cubic inches and it equates to 61cc's... which is a Poulan Counter Vibe 3700.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

• DSC01518.JPG
    DSC01518.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01523.JPG
    DSC01523.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 33
I think its a thin ring... didn't really make a mental note of it.
I looked up 3.7 cubic inches and it equates to 61cc's... which is a Poulan Counter Vibe 3700.
Hope that helps.
Unfortunately both the 3700 clone and 3800 clone both were 3.7 ci.. You can only distinguish the two by removing the muffler and checking the rings. I say this because if its a clone of the Poulan 3700 it would be more desirable. Mind you there is nothing wrong with a 3800. Its just that the 3700 has a bigger following.

Still available.
Still have not had time to pull the muffler to see if its small or large ringed. I can't remember the ring size from when I initially pulled the muffler. Sorry.

I've looked around the forums at photo's, and can't tell if it's thin ring or thick ring.
My pics are pretty close up, so the rings look large. Kind of an optical illusion... to me anyway. Wish I could get a close up of thin ring and thick ring.

I've looked around the forums at photo's, and can't tell if it's thin ring or thick ring.
My pics are pretty close up, so the rings look large. Kind of an optical illusion... to me anyway. Wish I could get a close up of thin ring and thick ring. Easy to tell the difference.

The pic you showed me is definitely a 3800. The 3700 as very thin rings. Easy to tell the difference.

Johnlyngdal, man, my eyes just don't see the difference between your thin ring and my thick ring !!!
I guess the consensus is that mine is a thick ring... so I'll go with that.
Not that it matters that much to me. I like the saw either way.

On Sunday I made time to put the muffler back on the Poulan. I stood there staring at the piston, and the rings looked as thin as a sheet of paper.
Thought about taking another picture of the piston/rings from a distance to prove how thin they are, but then I thought: "Why? It runs insanely strong and I like it. No need to fuss over it."
I imagine if you took a picture of a lady bug at a very close distance, it would look as big as a football.

Back