• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Poulan farmhand 2900 super clean oil:gas mix

g_burns830

g_burns830

Dad just gave me his old 20” Poulan farmhand 2900 super clean saw.. about 25 years old still runs. Says on the manufacturers label to combine 8oz oil per gallon gas. He never did. Always put a small 2.6 oz container per gallon. Seems like an awful lot of oil for a gallon of gas. Understand it says that on the label, but is this the normal mix on that saw? If so, how has it run all this time with no issue?

Attachments

NIP Group
Andyshine77

Andyshine77

Tree Freak
Agreed. On the manufacturers label I attached it’s strange it would call for that much.
Ok I didn't see the pic until now. They likely recommend that ratio for off brand oils, manufacturers would do the to scare people into using their oil at say 40:1 making it sound like the OEM oil was that much better. Many old saw would run on 16:1 SEA-30 but that was back in the day. Run 40:1 and and be happy.

s sidewall

s sidewall

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
plus.google.com
Good saw, mine says 16:1 Craftsman oil on my craftsman 2.8 aka Poulan 2800. It ran 16:1 from day 1 til I ran some 40:1 in it after sitting for a few years searching for the correct fuel tank assy for it. Back in the mid 80's a lot of stuff was 16:1 still and didn't know what synthetic oil was.

Steve Sidwell